Hyatt Welcomes Summer Travelers With New Offerings For The Whole Family To Enjoy
From VIP amenities for babies and hotel packages for kids, to new menu additions and promotions, Hyatt offers something for kids of all ages this vacation season.
CHICAGO - July 3, 2013 // PRNewswire // - Hyatt hotels around the world are celebrating the busy summer travel season with new offerings that the whole family can enjoy. This summer, families can appreciate an array of new amenities, services and promotions that will not only make traveling with the whole family easier, but provide a lifetime of unforgettable vacation memories and experiences. From new offerings for kids, including VIP children services and packages, a revamped kids' menu created for kids by kids and activities for children to explore and learn about their local destinations, to fun social events for parents featuring tasty summer dishes, the opportunities for family fun this summer with Hyatt are endless.
VIP Baby Amenities and Hotel Packages for Kids
To ensure that all Hyatt guests, including the hotel's youngest travelers, receive the red carpet treatment during their stay, Hyatt hotels have developed a variety of VIP offerings for children of all ages at destinations across the globe. These family-friendly services and amenities range from personal care items and luxury baby gear, to stuffed animals and bedding for children. Specific property amenities include:
- Hyatt Regency Warsaw: VIB (Very Important Baby) Package – The hotel provides key children and baby items, including cribs and beds, toy bears and personal care products, such as shampoo, oil, powder, baby bath tubs and more.
- Grand Hyatt Berlin: LALA Berlin Package – Package includes must-have products for children, including a buggy and baby car seat designed by a famous Berlin based fashion designer.
- Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Mediterranee: Upon check-in, the hotel offers a variety of gifts to children pending their age. Children ages seven and under will receive indulgences such as a soft toy and children ages 7-10 will receive a unique key chain. All children will be excited to find bathrobes, slippers and more waiting for them in their rooms.
Hyatt's For Kids By Kids Menu – A Healthier Spin On Kids' Favorites
After a successful debut of Hyatt's For Kids By Kids menu in 2012, Hyatt hotels are not only expanding their children's menu this summer with new fun, fresh and flavorful dishes, but also offering families the opportunity to create a recipe for their next kids' menu with the launch of the "For Kids By Kids Family Cook-Off" recipe contest.
The contest, which kicks-off the second year of Hyatt's For Kids By Kids initiative, invites families to create and share a healthy breakfast recipe along with a photo via Facebook, for a chance to win a vacation and a spot on Hyatt's For Kids By Kids menu. The family who submits the winning recipe will receive a trip for four people to stay at any Hyatt in the continental United States, including airfare up to $2,000. See the abbreviated contest rules below and visit www.facebook.com/Hyatt for the full official rules.
New menu additions were created hand-in-hand with Hyatt's food and beverage team and 12-year-old chef, Haile Thomas, who has cooked for First Lady Michelle Obama. The dishes were created based on feedback from parents, who said that while they enjoyed exposing their children to new and exciting flavors, they also wanted to see even more options on the menu, including childhood favorites with a healthy twist. Select new dishes include:
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and chicken sausage served with toast and a fruit skewer
- Lunch: Organic turkey burger with fresh fruit and house made ketchup; crunchy chicken pops (baked, not fried) served with a tomato dipping sauce and a garden salad
- Dinner: Salmon Teriyaki with rice noodles and vegetables (tofu available as an alternative); chicken and pineapple skewer served with brown rice, apple and sun butter lime dip.
*Salmon Teriyaki recipe was created by 12-year-old kid chef Haile Thomas
To learn more about the For Kids By Kids menu and Hyatt's industry-leading Food & Beverage philosophy, visit http://www.hyattflavorjourney.com.
Hyatt House® – Summer Grilling Social
From July 17 through September 4, the residentially inspired Hyatt House brand will be bringing travelers and families together to mingle around seasonal cuisine with the brand's Summer Grilling Socials. At every Wednesday's Evening Social, a weekly event that offers guests complimentary snacks and menu items from 5:30-7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, guests will be served delectable menu items created by lifestyle expert and founding editor of TheKitchen.com, Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan. Sara Kate's Summer Favorites menu includes:
- Summer Rice Salad: Rice with roasted peanuts, green onions and Thai peanut sauce
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs: A mix of perfectly grilled chicken and roasted bell peppers, with creamy bleu cheese dressing for dipping
- Brownie Bar: Mouthwatering chocolate delights to satisfy any sweet tooth
- Michelada: A refreshing mix of light beer, hot sauce, freshly squeezed lime juice and salt
Select Hyatt House locations will offer Sara Kate's Summer Favorites menu for purchase throughout the promotion period in lieu of an Evening Social.
Camp Hyatt – Learning, Teaching and Experiencing
- Park Hyatt Aviara Resort: The newly designed Aviara Kids Academy by Camp Hyatt takes the group experience to a new level by providing innovative educational programming that exercises children both physically and mentally. Kids get the opportunity to learn about the ecosystem at nearby Batiquitos Lagoon wildlife preserve, as well as discover Northern San Diego's thriving arts and culinary culture.
- Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort and Spa: Camp activities include sand castle building and shell combing on Clearwater Beach, swimming and "noodle" racing in the resort's eighth-floor infinity pool and arts and crafts sessions, such as making sun catchers, sand art and designing beach bags. From now until September 30, adult guests who purchase a visit to Camp Hyatt for their little ones will receive a $25 spa credit to use toward any service of $100 or more at the resort's eco-coastal Sandava Spa. Check with the hotel for full details.
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress: During their Camp Hyatt adventure, kids can enjoy the brand new Water Jet Splash Zone and waterslide, reach new heights by participating in the Rock Climbing Challenge, which has eight lanes of varying difficulty for all campers, or take in nature by pedal boat. In addition, the property's resident heron - "Harrison" - likes to put on a show for guests!
To learn more about Camp Hyatt, which is offered at select Hyatt Resorts in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean, visit http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/specials/corpofferslist.jsp?offerId=41908213.
Families that are planning a summer getaway can also take advantage of Hyatt's Bed & Breakfast promotion. The package includes the rate of the room, complimentary breakfast and late check-out. To learn more, visit http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/specials/. Promotion details vary by property.
About Hyatt's For Kids By Kids Family Cook-Off
To enter the contest, adults must submit photos of homemade breakfast dishes to the Hyatt Facebook page by July 31. Upon completion of the entry period, a panel of judges will announce five finalists on August 2. From August 5-August 26, the Hyatt Facebook community will have the opportunity to help pick the winning dish amongst the five finalists. At the same time, a second panel of judges – featuring Hyatt's Food & Beverage team and 12 year-old kid chef Haile Thomas – will be cooking and judging the five finalists' meals to help determine the winner. All entries will be judged on a number of criteria including creativity, appearance, flavor, interactivity, ease of execution and more. Once all votes are tallied from the panel of judges and the general public, Hyatt will announce the winner.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER/WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Entry period begins on 6/24/13 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on 7/31/13. SUBJECT TO FULL OFFICIAL RULES available at www.facebook.com/Hyatt. There will be 2 rounds of judging to select the winner. Recipe and picture will be judged as follows in the 1st round based on: (1) creativity of Submission (25%); (2) appearance of final product (25%); (3) ease of execution and preparation of recipe (25%); and (4) ability to interact with dish (25%). Based on these criteria, 5 finalists will advance to the 2nd round. Finalist entries will be judged as follows in the 2nd round: (1) creativity of Submission (15%); (2) nutritional value (15%); (3) appearance of final product (15%); (4) ease of execution and preparation of recipe (10%); (5) ability to interact with dish (10%); (6) public vote on Facebook (20%); and (7) flavor of recipe (15%). One Finalist will be selected as the Prize Winner. See full Official Rules for judging/voting process and prize details. Winner will receive accommodations at available Hyatt hotel or resort and airfare (Total ARV of Prize: US$4075). Void where prohibited by law. Limit 1 entry per person, per family and per email address. Sponsor: Hyatt Corporation, 71 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL, 60606.
About Hyatt House
Hyatt House, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, launched in 2012 and offers more than 50 locations throughout the United States. Inspired by extensive research of guest experiences, Hyatt House is designed to welcome residents rather than guests and offer services, amenities, upscale spaces and a casual, comfortable environment that reminds guests of home. Residentially inspired studios, one- and two-bedroom suites feature contemporary full kitchens, living space with flat panel HDTVs and bedrooms with a plush bed. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. The Morning Spread, a complimentary full hot breakfast featuring a made-to-order Omelet Bar, is served daily as well as a complimentary Evening Social with savory bites, beer and wine. In lieu of the Evening Social, some locations have an H BAR featuring the Sip+Savor menu and full bar. Public spaces include a 24-hour workout room, Guest Market and laundry facilities. A friendly House Host is available to check-in guests, provide directions or help with other needs to help guests feel at home. The brand is designed to help guests keep their real-life routines rolling while on the road. Hyatt House earned the top spot in the upscale extended stay category in Business Travel News' 2012 Hotel Chain Survey, based on a survey of corporate travel buyers. Additionally, the brand was named one of the 10 Best Hotel Chains for Families by Parents Magazine. Chosen amongst more than 70 hotel chains, Hyatt House was recognized for its convenient, functional, and family-friendly amenities, with separate parent and child sleeping areas topping the list.
To learn more about Hyatt House or to book a reservation, visit http://www.hyatthouse.com or call 866-XS-HYATT (866-974-9288).
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests feel more than welcome. Thousands of members of the Hyatt family strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day by providing authentic hospitality. The Company's subsidiaries manage, franchise, own and develop hotels and resorts under the Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place® and Hyatt House® brand names and have locations on six continents. Hyatt Residential Group, Inc., a Hyatt Hotels Corporation subsidiary, develops, operates, markets or licenses Hyatt ResidencesTM and Hyatt Residence ClubTM. As of March 31, 2013, the Company's worldwide portfolio consisted of 508 properties in 46 countries. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
Forward-Looking Statements in this press release, which are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Our actual results, performance or achievements may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of words such as "may," "could," "expect," "intend," "plan," "seek," "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "predict," "potential," "continue," "likely," "will," "would" and variations of these terms and similar expressions, or the negative of these terms or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by us and our management, are inherently uncertain. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations include, among others, the rate and pace of economic recovery following economic downturns; levels of spending in business and leisure segments as well as consumer confidence; declines in occupancy and average daily rate; if our third-party owners, franchisees or development partners are unable to access the capital necessary to fund current operations or implement our plans for growth; changes in the competitive environment in our industry and the markets where we operate; our ability to access the capital markets; and other risks discussed in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K, which filings are available from the SEC. We caution you not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are made as of the date of this press release. We undertake no obligation to update publicly any of these forward-looking statements to reflect actual results, new information or future events, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking statements, except to the extent required by applicable laws. If we update one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that we will make additional updates with respect to those or other forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Hyatt Hotels & Resorts