Camp Bow Wow Launches "Scout's Angels" Initiative In The Newtown, Connecticut Community
Nation's Largest Pet Care Franchise Brings Therapy Dogs to Help Survivors and Their Families
NEW YORK - Aug. 1, 2013 // PRNewswire // - Camp Bow Wow, the nation's largest pet care franchise and an Inc 5000 company, in conjunction with its nonprofit organization, the Bow Wow Buddies Foundation, announces the launch of the Scout's Angels program,with an inaugural visit to Newtown, Connecticut. This philanthropic initiative will gift two therapy dogs – Cashew (Labrador Retriever) and Nutmeg (Whippet mix), to Newtown, CT and will be joined by two therapists to help survivors, their families and the entire community. Along with the introduction of Cashew and Nutmeg to the community, five therapy dogs and their partner therapists, the Scout's Angels Canine Care Team, will spend a week in the community hosting various events to support healing through the help of some furry friends.
Private and public events during the week include:
- Tuesday, August 13th
- Book Reading at the Public Library (C.H. Booth Library, 25 Main Street, Newtown, CT) with the Scout's Angels Canine Care Teams (K9's and Therapists) 2pm- 3pm– open to public
- Dinner for Sandy Hook Promise Volunteers – closed to public
- Wednesday, August 14th
- Senior Center Visit – closed to the public
- Yappy Hour for First Responders – closed to public
- Thursday, August 15th
- Pre-School Visit – closed to the public
- Press Conference to Introduce Cashew & Nutmeg to the Town (Sandy Hook Promise Office, 14 Church Hill Road, Newtown, CT) (4pm) – open to public; media invited
- Bark-B-Que for Sandy Hook Families and School Staff – closed to public
- Friday, August 16th
- Information Session for Community on Animal Assisted Therapy (Sandy Hook Promise Office, 14 Church Hill Road, Newtown, CT) (9am) – open to public
"These lovable dogs and their therapist partners will spend time in the community with the families that lost loved ones in this tragedy. Our hope is that the healing power of dogs will help the entire community," said Heidi Ganahl, CEO and Founder of Camp Bow Wow."
While crisis situations can result in isolation and communication issues, studies show that dogs have immense healing and calming capabilities after trauma. Simply petting a dog can result in physiological changes – by lowering blood pressure, regulating breathing and decreasing stress levels. Additionally, having a dog in the presence of a therapist can better facilitate conversation, ultimately helping to break isolation and open lines of communication.
Representatives from Camp Bow Wow and the Scout's Angels program are available to further discuss this initiative.
Camp Bow Wow offers a variety of components which include Home Buddies, the safe, secure alternative for pets to remain in their homes, The Bow Wow Buddies Foundation, the non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives and health of dogs everywhere through its outreach, and Behavior Buddies, the dog training component of Camp Bow Wow.
To donate to the Scout's Angels Initiative that will bring the Scout's Angels Canine Care Team to locations around the country after a tragedy, go to www.scoutsangels.org.
For additional information about Camp Bow Wow, Home Buddies, Behavior Buddies, or the Bow Wow Buddies Foundation, please visit: www.campbowwow.com, friend us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter. Franchise opportunities are currently available; for more information, please visit: http://www.campbowwow.com/franchise.
About Camp Bow Wow®
In just 12 years, Camp Bow Wow, the premier pet care franchise, has grown to include over 150 locations across North America, becoming a $65 million business. The company was recently ranked 214 out of 500 in Entrepreneur's Franchise 500 list in 2013 and for the fifth year in a row named to the INC magazine 5000 list of America's fastest growing private companies. The Camp concept provides the highest levels of fun, safety and service for its campers, and peace of mind for their parents. Dogs romp together in an open-play environment and pricing is all-inclusive. Since the Broomfield, Colorado-based Company started franchising in 2003, Camp Bow Wow has sold more than 200 franchises in 40 states, plus one in Canada, over 41% being women-owned. As Camp Bow Wow grows, our simple philosophy remains the same: It's all about the pets.
The Camp Bow Wow brand family also includes:
- Home Buddies by Camp Bow Wow – premier in home pet care
- Behavior Buddies – premier dog training
- The Bow Wow Buddies Foundation – a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives and health of dogs everywhere, through foster programs, spay and neuter efforts, disaster assistance, canine cancer research, animal welfare education, therapy dog teams and shelter improvements.
SOURCE Camp Bow Wow
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Moving and Storage
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business