Intero Foundation Continues to Grow the Business of Giving
The Intero Foundation Grants $54,000 to San Francisco Peninsula Organizations
August 07, 2013 // Franchising.com // Cupertino, California – On July 19th, the Intero Foundation issued another round of grants directed towards the California communities of San Carlos, San Mateo, and Los Altos. In 2002, the leaders of Intero Real Estate Services, Inc. founded the Intero Foundation to be a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting children in the communities local to where Intero conducts business.
Over a decade later, the Foundation empowers a diversity of organizations that positively impact the education and personal development of children. Through Intero’s agents, employees and fundraising events, the Foundation has generated over $2.7 million with an endowment of approximately $535,000.
In order to sustain its commitment to giving back to the community, each quarter, the Intero Foundation presents grants to non-profits that have been approved by the Foundation Committee. This quarter focused on giving to the San Francisco Peninsula; next quarter, grants will be given to non-profit organizations in the Silicon Valley. For the summer quarter, the Intero Foundation gave a total of $54,000 split amongst the following organizations:
- CASA of San Mateo – Ensures all abused and neglected children under the protection of the court in San Mateo County have a consistent and caring adult who speaks on their behalf and helps them reach their full potential. The Intero San Carlos Office presented $7,500 to assist in the training and screening of over 200 volunteers.
- Nature Bridge – Educates youth on the subjects of science and the environment at campuses in national parks with the goal of inspiring a personal connection to nature and the responsibility to sustain it. The Intero San Carlos Office presented $7,500 for disadvantaged students, grades K-12, in Redwood City and East Palo Alto to learn at Yosemite National Park and be transformed by the experience.
- Junior Achievement of Northern California – Inspires and prepares young people to succeed in a global economy through educational, volunteer-led programs. The Intero San Mateo Office presented $7,500 to aid in providing financial literacy and workforce readiness to students in grades K-12 in San Mateo County.
- Ravenswood Family Health Center – Provides primary healthcare, perinatal services, dental, behavioral health and enabling services to 11,000 patients annually, 4,000 of which are children. The Intero San Mateo Office presented $7,500 to support staff time for the delivery of comprehensive oral health care to low-income children in San Mateo County.
- Achieve Kids – Provides individualized and multi-disciplinary programs that deliver special education, mental health, and family support to children who have complex and often severe developmental, emotional, and behavioral challenges. The Intero Los Altos Office presented $10,000 to support the hands-on training of children in daily living skills such as taking public transportation, ordering meals at a restaurant, and buying groceries.
- Grateful Garment – Reduces any further negative impact on victims of sexual violence and human sex trafficking. The Intero Los Altos Office presented $10,000 for the purchase of clothing, food, and toiletries to minor victims of sexual assault; prevention education and training; and administrative expenses (supplies, storage, telephone, mileage, etc.) within the Santa Clara County.
- Partners for New Generations – Mentors high school students and tutors elementary school students in the Mountain View, Los Altos, and Alta Vista High Schools. The Intero Los Altos Office presented $4,000 for Mentor Coordinator salaries. The Mentor Coordinators match each mentor and student based on common levels of interest and train mentors to improve student attendance, GPAs, behavior, and general self-esteem. The Intero Foundation is always seeking to expand the culture of giving. To apply for a grant for your non-profit organization, follow the grant application guidelines here.
To find out more about the Intero Foundation, visit the website at interofoundation.org.
About the Intero Foundation
Funded, promoted and governed by Intero agents and employees, the Intero Foundation is a non–profit organization guided by the principle that one must give in order to receive and committed to helping children in need. Since its inception in 2002, the organization has raised more than $2.7 million, have over $535,000 in their endowment and have supported over 120 charities that positively impact the growth and well-being of children in need.
About the Intero® Brand
Founded in 2002, Intero Real Estate Services, Inc. has quickly become one of the premier real estate brands in the U.S. In 2004, Intero Franchise Services Inc. began franchising and currently is operating in many of the western states. In 2009, Intero International Franchise Services, LLC embarked on developing territories in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and the Americas. The companies are private and headquartered in California’s Silicon Valley.
SOURCE: Intero Real Estate Services, Inc.