Back to School Means Back to the Salon: Pigtails & Crewcuts Highlights Top 4 Kids Hair Disasters that Occur Every Summer
Children’s salon franchise works with parents and children to turn bad hair days into good hair days.
Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) August 12, 2013 - Wade Brannon, president of Pigtails & Crewcuts children's hair salon franchise, says that kids’ hair disasters are common in the summer. Now, as back-to-school season sets in, parents are making a mad dash to their local salon to get their children’s locks teacher-ready. To let parents know they’re not alone, the salon created a video series illustrating a good-humored dramatization of the challenges it regularly sees.
“Kids and summer hair disasters go together like sand and the sun,” says Brannon. “With more than 30 salon franchises across the country, Pigtails & Crewcuts has literally seen it all. Parents should know that their local stylist is there to help.”
According to salon owners at Pigtails & Crewcuts, the following kid’s hair disasters are the most common:
- Sibling Cutlery. Brothers and sisters have a way with scissors, but their way is rarely considered “shear genius.” The stylists at Pigtails & Crewcuts regularly work with hair of all lengths (and angles) to return it to its photo-ready state. (Note: parents, while more skilled than siblings, have also been known to produce similar less-than-ideal haircuts).
- Foreign Invasion. While gum is the most common culprit, stylists across the country have seen their share of foreign objects lodged in hair, such as candy, paint, peanut butter, lotion and more. While moms and dads are often quick to hop on the internet to find a solution, this is a situation that’s often best left to the pros.
- Jamaican Me Crazy. Kids (and, often, their parents) love getting their hair braided on vacation. But what looked cute for a few days on the island has a way of getting matted and dirty on the mainland. Stylists are happy to help take the “dread” out of dreadlocks and return your child’s hair to its natural state.
- Green with Chlorine. As the summer ends and school bells begin ringing, you might notice a holdover from all that time you spent at the pool: green hair. Chlorine and other pool chemicals have a way of leaving a mark. Ask your stylist about special summer shampoos. Also, trimming off the dry and damaged ends makes a world of difference.
Does your family have a hair disaster relief plan? If not, it’s time to get acquainted with your local Pigtails & Crewcuts, where stylists are adept at taking care of business, whether it’s gum, make-up, color, food, scissors or any other common kid-tastrophe—no questions asked. You never know when such services will come in handy.
About Pigtails & Crewcuts
Founded in 2004 in Atlanta, Georgia, Pigtails & Crewcuts is a children’s hair salon franchise dedicated to making haircuts fun and stress-free for young patrons and their parents. With 32 locations across the nation, Pigtails & Crewcuts specializes in quality haircuts for boys and girls of all ages, and also hosts children’s parties. In 2010, Parents.com named Pigtails & Crewcuts one of the Top 10 Chains for Kid Birthday Parties. In addition, Entrepreneur Magazine has named Pigtails & Crewcuts to the “Franchise 500” list as a top franchise for five consecutive years. To learn more, go to pigtailsandcrewcuts.com.
Pigtails & Crewcuts Franchise
Spin Creative, Inc
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances