RadioShack Turns Up the Volume on AUVIO Music Accessory Line
Combined with In-Demand National Brands, Expanded Exclusive Private Brand Audio Offering Cements RadioShack's Role as the Music Accessory Destination
FORT WORTH, Texas - Aug. 21, 2013 // PRNewswire // - In a move sure to be music to audiophiles' ears, RadioShack today announced the expansion of its exclusive AUVIO® line of music accessories. The expansion includes a dozen new speakers, headphones and a wireless receiver.
"Development of our new AUVIO headphones, speakers and receiver resulted from a new focus on consumer trends, market demands and growth in the audio category," said Doug Lane, Vice President – Merchandising for RadioShack. "As part of our focus on innovation in Private Brand, we began expanding the AUVIO line last year. We're also known for featuring a top selection of the most in-demand national brands, such as Beats by Dr. Dre, JBL, Skullcandy and SOL REPUBLIC. Our latest AUVIO introductions round out the RadioShack portfolio and provide consumers an even wider range of ways to enjoy their music."
This broad selection, convenient neighborhood locations, and associates passionate about technology and music uniquely position RadioShack as the music accessory destination.
RadioShack's expanded AUVIO Bluetooth® speaker line includes a powerful home speaker with innovative 3D sound technology, a mid-sized portable model that doubles as a power bank, and pint-sized, colorful sound cubes. The company also added new folding headphones in four colors as well as a noise canceling model. And a new music receiver enables consumers to easily add Bluetooth capability to existing sound systems. More details:
- AUVIO HBT6000 Amplified Bluetooth Speaker, a sleek home Bluetooth speaker featuring Sonic EmotionTM Absolute 3DTM sound technology. This award-winning innovation immerses your entire room in sound. Unlike traditional speakers, there's no need to be directly in front of the speaker to enjoy incredible sound. Priced at $199.99. Watch a demo.
- AUVIO PBT1000 Bluetooth Portable Speaker offers big sound in a portable package with up to 13 hours of playback on a single charge. Doubles as a portable power bank to keep other devices up and running. Priced at $129.99. Get a closer look.
- AUVIO Cube Bluetooth Speakers offer ultimate portability in small packages with up to six hours playback. Available in black, white, blue or purple. Priced at $39.99.
- AUVIO Noise-Canceling Stereo Headphones reduce surrounding noise by up to 15dB and feature cushioned earpads and a padded, adjustable headband. Priced at $79.99.
- AUVIO Folding Headphones with Mic offer form and function with a tangle-resistant woven cord, a built-in mic, and choice of black, white, blue or purple. Priced at $24.99.
In a category all its own, the small and mighty AUVIO Bluetooth Music Receiver updates virtually any sound system to listen to music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled smartphones, tablets, laptops or MP3 players. Priced at $39.99, it's a bargain to update expensive home entertainment systems. Check out the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoNCc6d615U&feature=youtu.be.
These product introductions build on earlier additions made in the second half of 2012. Three items quickly became top sellers during the Holiday season and have continued to gain new fans:
- AUVIO Bluetooth Portable Speaker easily fits in a backpack or bag, yet is powerful enough to fill a room with your favorite tunes. Just $79.99. Watch the video here.
- AUVIO Elite Series Headphones, a top-quality folding model with a case for those who prefer on-ear listening. Priced at $99.99.
- AUVIO High-Performance In-Ear Metal Earbuds boast durability, great sound and a flat, tangle-resistant cord at less than half the cost of comparable national brands. Just $49.99.
In addition, RadioShack offers a top-rated, free AUVIO EQ App to help consumers customize their listening experience by adjusting volume and equalizer settings, navigating music, and more. Available for download on iTunes and Google Play.
The company expects to continue expanding the line with additional introductions later this year.
Available exclusively at RadioShack, top-selling AUVIO audio accessories offer name brand performance at a great value. For more information, visit www.RadioShack.com. Or learn more on YouTube and the techspecs blog.
Note: Review and giveaway units are available to media, bloggers and other qualified outlets. Submit requests to Media.Relations@RadioShack.com.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack® offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes approximately 4,600 company-operated stores in the United States and Mexico, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack® is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation