Planned Packing makes Transition to College More Organized
August 23, 2013 - Between tuition costs, everyday school stresses, and decreasing job opportunities for graduates, college-bound students have enough to focus on without having to stress about moving their belongings from home to college.
According to Childstats.gov, in 2011, nearly 68 percent of high school graduates enrolled immediately in a two-year or four-year college. It is safe to say a good amount of those students traveled away to college and needed the support of family or friends to help them move.
Luckily, the experts at Two Men and a Truck® have provided easy-to-follow tips to simplify the move to college:
- Use the right supplies – It’s worth the small investment. Don’t make the mistake of using grocery store boxes, garbage bags, or laundry baskets. Boxes that once stored food items often carry bugs, and garbage bags and laundry baskets are not dependable. Instead, buy moving boxes and use packing tape. Sturdy boxes can easily fold up, be stored for the entire school year, and are ready to use again for summer break.
- Pack like items together – Moving back to school can be a little overwhelming so the more organized the better. Label boxes clearly – there’s not a lot of room in campus housing, so organizing boxes can prioritize unpacking without the huge mess.
- Pack smart – Don’t make the mistake of overstuffing boxes. Too many items can cause the box to collapse and it may be impossible to lift. Just remember: the heavier the object, the smaller the box.
- Try to use original packaging for large electronics – A new computer, TV, mini-fridge, and microwave all come with packaging to keep them secure and protected. It’s much more likely that these items will arrive unharmed if they remain in manufacturers’ packaging.
“Transitioning to college should be an exciting time in a student’s life, but it can be overwhelming,” said Randy Shacka, president of Two Men and a Truck®. “A successful and stress-free move starts with proper planning. Through simple preparation, students can make life easier as they head to school.”
About Two Men and a Truck®
Two Men and a Truck® is the largest franchised moving company both in the United States and internationally. Currently there are more than 240 national locations and 1,500 trucks operating in the U.S.; in total, the company operates 260 locations and 1,600 trucks. Two Men and a Truck® has performed more than 4.5 million moves since its inception in 1985. The company has seen consistent monthly growth dating back to December 2009 and more than 20 months of double-digit growth. Each location is independently owned and operated.
SOURCE Two Men and a Truck®
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business