Dry cleaning franchises produce more millionaires than any other franchise—fact or fiction?
September 30, 2013 // Franchising.com // HANOVER, MA - Not McDonalds. Not Burger King. Not Hilton Hotels. Dry cleaning franchises produce the largest number of millionaires according to many franchise experts. Just don’t ask anybody to prove it.
One of those experts, Franchise King® Joel Libava, in a recent blog, cited that very "fact" in explaining why Proctor & Gamble were getting into the dry cleaning franchise business. Yet even the Franchise King® could not find data to support the millionaire claim, one Libava’s father, a franchise expert in his own right, often made when speaking to prospective franchise buyers.
"Without knowing the finances of dry cleaning owners for other franchises, I can only guess at the accuracy of that statement," said Kevin Dubois, CEO of Lapels Dry Cleaning, an environmentally friendly dry cleaning franchise with more than 40 locations nationwide. "What I can offer is that with the right location and right franchisor, dry cleaning franchises are in a better position for success than entrepreneurs starting a dry cleaning business on their own."
Dubois cites several reasons why dry cleaning franchise owners are primed for success:
- No shortage of dirty clothes – According to U.S. News & World Report, thousands of garments are labeled "Dry Clean Only", creating an industry estimated to generate $6 to $7 billion a year.
- Reasonable franchise fee and royalties – Compared to other millionaire-generating franchises like McDonalds, Burger King, the startup fees to open a Lapels Franchise are significantly less expensive. The typical franchise fee is 15,000 to 25,000 and the total investment ranges from $70,000 to $450,000.
- No previous dry cleaning experience required – A good franchise system enables new franchise owners to succeed practically from day one. If you can learn, you can own a dry cleaning franchise. Dubois says Lapels franchise owners range from nuclear engineers to recent immigrants.
- Plant facility – By owning a franchise, a franchisee can get the benefits of working with a large company and cleaning laundry at a centralized facility. Smaller independent facilities often have trouble affording new equipment, complying with government regulations and being as efficient as large organizations. At home pick up is another way some dry cleaners have been able to expand business, and some work exclusively with at home pick up.
- Proven franchise system – The benefits of franchising stand out in the dry cleaning business. Whether it’s marketing, accounting, training, etc., the franchise owner, for the most part, can follow the franchisor’s guidelines and be successful.
"Obviously, we are a little biased, but a dry cleaning franchise presents so many advantages, in addition to having a built-in market, that it is difficult not to believe it when franchise experts say there are more millionaires made from dry cleaning franchises than any other franchises," said Dubois. "I know from our perspective, we continue to grow and add new franchise owners as well as current Lapels owners adding new locations. Are they currently or soon-to-be millionaires? We sure hope so."
Lapels has pioneered its eco-friendly dry cleaning experience for the past 10 years. Using the latest technology in equipment and cleaning solution, Lapels is one of the few dry cleaners around to be able to boast that there is no hazardous waste in their process. Their environmentally-friendly cleaning process has no odor and is gentler on clothes, thus lengthening the life of clothes. At Lapels you can see, feel and smell the difference.
Lapels customers are greeted to a warm and inviting reception area, with friendly customer service representatives, and a full service on-site tailor.
Lapels offers it’s customers Automatic Rewards earning them credit towards free dry cleaning for every dollar they spend, Loyalty Programs, a VIP Program which eliminates the need to wait in line and the use of a 24 Hour Drop Off Service. Same day service is also available with pick-up after 5 pm.
For complete information on the Lapels Dry Cleaning, please visit www.mylapels.com.
Lapels Dry Cleaning – Environmentally Friendly Cleaners
Each Lapels Dry Cleaning store offers a full slate of services, including: same-day dry cleaning; shirt service; tailoring; shoe repair; wedding gown preservation; suede and leather processing; box storage and fur storage. Lapels Dry Cleaning has stores in Arizona (Gilbert, Phoenix, Chandler), California (Poway), Colorado (Littleton), Connecticut (Cromwell), Louisiana (Monroe, West Monroe), Massachusetts (Abington, Bedford, Boston, Brighton, Cambridge, Cohasset, Dedham, Easton, Framingham, Franklin, Hanover, Marshfield, Natick, Newtonville, Norton, Quincy, Walpole, Westford, Westwood and Wilmington), Missouri (Wildwood), New Jersey (Brick, Freehold and Verona), Ohio (Liberty Township), Pennsylvania (Bloomsburg), Oklahoma (Oklahoma City); Rhode Island (Lincoln); South Carolina (Myrtle Beach, Pawleys Island, Forest Village); Texas (Arlington). Additional locations coming soon to Austin, TX, Brownsville, TX and Cedar Park, TX.
Lapels Dry Cleaning has been ranked in Entrepreneur’s 26th Annual "Franchise 500" as well as Entrepreneur’s "Top 50 New Franchises," identifying Lapels Dry Cleaning as one of today’s top franchise opportunities. Entrepreneur's "Franchise 500" is the best and most comprehensive rating of franchises in the world and is based on objective, quantifiable measures of a franchise operation.
Lapels Dry Cleaning corporate offices are located at 962 Washington Street, Hanover, MA 02339.
To learn more about franchise opportunities with Lapels Dry Cleaning, call toll free (866) 695-2735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information and up-to-date company news can also be found on the company’s Web site, www.lapelsdrycleaning.com.
SOURCE Lapels Dry Cleaning
Steven V. Dubin
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances