Woody’s Bar-B-Q® Introduces Tasty Trio of Limited Time Offer Items
National Barbecue Franchise Company Debuts Three Hearty Sandwiches on its New "Chow Down" Menu
October 01, 2013 // Franchising.com // Jacksonville, Florida, October 1 – In September 2013, Florida-based authentic Southern barbecue franchise chain – Woody's Bar-B-Q – debuted three new menu items on its limited time offer "Chow Down" menu. Representative of a trio of hearty sandwiches, the new "Chow Down" menu includes:
- The Grand Turkey Club – A smoky twist to the great American classic club sandwich. Slow smoked turkey breast hand sliced with cheddar, bacon, tomato, green leaf lettuce sandwiched with our Texas Garlic toast.
- Grilled Pork Steak Sandwich – Meat eaters beware! This huge cut of Slow smoked Pork Steak is topped with Woody's Sweet Bar-B-Q Sauce, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and a crispy onion ring served on a corn dusted bun.
- The Ultimate Pork Sandwich – Woody's takes one of its most popular menu items and dresses it up with a double whammy of pork – both sliced and pulled – then crowns it with a layer of creamy coleslaw, pickles and a corn dusted bun.
"Our research indicates that Americans eat an estimated 300 million sandwiches daily – that's about one per day for each person in the United States*," explains Tammy Poudrier, Director of Marketing for Woody's Bar-B-Q. "As for our own experience, we've seen a recent jump in our already strong sandwich sales of an additional 10.9%. We suspect that the 'Chow Down' campaign will be very well-received by our fanbase, and might even help us draw in some new fans."
The limited time offer "Chow Down" menu will be available at participating Woody's Bar-B-Q locations through November 30, 2013. "Chow Down" sandwich platters are served with crinkle fries, but fries may be substituted for Woody's special recipe bar-b-q beans, creamy coleslaw, baked or sweet potato, country vegetables or mashed potatoes and gravy. Guests can add a cup of soup or Brunswick stew for a nominal fee. To view items from Woody's regular menu and find a location nearby, interested parties are encouraged to visit www.woodys.com.
About Woody's Bar-B-Q®
After opening their first Woody's Bar-B-Q in 1980, partners Woody Mills and Yolanda Mills-Mawman have spent the past three decades setting the "bar" higher for great Southern Bar-B-Q. From the humble beginnings of just one location in Jacksonville, Florida, a shared passion for Bar-B-Q, and a dog-eared collection of recipes, Mills and Mawman have grown the Woody's Bar-B-Q brand to locations reaching from the Deep South where Bar-B-Q is king to the Northeast and Western fronts. Perhaps best known for their legendary melt-in-your-mouth slow-smoked Signature Baby Back Ribs, Woody's has also built quite a following among patrons with their secret recipe Bar-B-Q sauces and meats, as well as their freshly prepared side dishes. For more information and a list of locations, visit http://www.woodys.com. To learn more about becoming a Woody's Bar-B-Q franchisee, visit http://www.woodys.com/franchise/.
SOURCE Woody's Bar-B-Q®
* USFoods.com – "Sandwich Trends" http://www.usfoods.com/food/operator-insights/archive/sandwich-trends.html (August 2013)
Director of Marketing
904-992-0556 ex 30
Press Release Provided By:
Director of PR & Marketing
Out of Her Mind – Fresh Ideas & Freelance Copywriting
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances