Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating Announces 2014 Slim Down Contest
October 08, 2013 // Franchising.com // OTTAWA, Ill. – Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating (SSHE) is sponsoring its 2014 Slim Down Contest to help 10 lucky residents in Northwest Indiana’s Lake and Porter counties lose weight and improve their health. The individual who loses the most weight will be named the grand prize winner and will be awarded a trip for two to Riviera Maya, Mexico.
"We are excited to host our fifth Slim Down contest after seeing so much success in recent years," said Seattle Sutton, founder of Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating. "This is a great way for people to get on the right track to improving their overall health, and we’re thrilled to play a part in this life-changing process."
Interested participants looking to make a lifestyle change are invited to submit their stories and a photo of themselves between October 7, 2013 and October 21, 2013 at www.seattlesutton.com . Selected contestants will be notified by November 18, 2013.
The contest will officially kick off on January 6, 2014 and conclude on April 21, 2014. The 10 chosen contestants will receive 21 SSHE meals per week for a total of 315 meals throughout the 15 week challenge. The meals will consist of freshly prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner items.
The contestant who loses the most weight based on percentage of body weight will win a three night trip for two to RIU Palace Riviera Maya, Mexico from Apple Vacations. The second place prize will be a $1,000 cash prize from SSHE, and the third place prize will be couples’ spa treatments from Serendipity Province Spa, valued at $540.
To be considered for this contest, you must:
- Submit to SSHE your "story" and recent full-length photo – "story" covers who you are, your history with weight loss, how much you currently weigh, what your ideal/goal weight is and what steps you’ve taken to date to lose weight. Please include your first and last name on your photo with your entry, along with your contact information – address, phone numbers and e-mail.
- Be willing and able to go participate in media interviews prior to, during and after the contest.
- Be available for pre-interviews with SSHE.
- Agree to weekly weigh-ins throughout the contest, including at the beginning and end of the contest.
- Be dedicated and willing to stay on SSHE meals exclusively for 15 weeks.
- Agree to exercise, if medically able to do so according to your physician.
- Be willing to have blood work completed, once at the beginning of the contest and once at the end of the contest, to measure cholesterol, triglycerides and blood sugar. This is a free service provided by IN THE FIELD Health Services, as part of the contest. SSHE will also record blood pressure.
- Agree to sign release forms and contest rules to participate in contest. Official contest rules are posted online at seattlesutton.com.
About Seattle Sutton’s Slim Down Contests
Seattle Sutton’s Slim Down Contests are weight loss contests that have transformed the lives of contestants, helping create healthy habits and improve lifestyles. Since the first challenge in 2010, the company has held four successful contests helping contestants lose a total of 1,723 pounds to date.
About Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating
SSHE is a family-owned, Illinois-based company recognized for dedication to convenient, healthy eating since 1985. SSHE takes the guesswork out of portion control and calorie counting by offering complete, freshly prepared 1200 and 2000 calorie (per day) traditional meal plans plus a 1500 calorie vegetarian plan. A weekly plan consists of three meals per day or 21 meals per week. Meals are available for pick up at select retail locations or via UPS delivery nationwide. To contact Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating, call 1-800-442-3438.
SOURCE Seattle Sutton’s Healthy Eating
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances