Corner Bakery Cafe Launches New Cutting Edge Website
- User-friendly site delivers content with fewer clicks
- Search based on dietary needs; Calculates calories/nutritional information
- New "To-Go" online ordering feature allows guests to skip the line
October 24, 2013 // Franchising.com // DALLAS - Corner Bakery Cafe has launched a complete redesign of its CornerBakeryCafe.com website that allows guests to personalize their online and offline experience with their local Corner Bakery Cafe in ways not previously available through standard, fast-casual restaurant websites.
The new website, created by digital agency, Rockfish, provides guests with a seamless, interactive experience across desktop, tablet and mobile devices. Unlike typical restaurant websites, the redesigned Corner Bakery Cafe website provides an integrated user experience that does not require multiple clicks. Nutrition, menu and ordering information are readily accessible and allow guests to make decisions quickly and easily.
The redesigned site also features:
- A browsable menu with large, colorful images and detailed nutritional information.
- A filter option that allows guests to search based on dietary needs, including vegan, vegetarian, low fat and gluten-free.
- A calorie range selector that allows guests to set their own limits to find the right meal, and a nutritional calculator that keeps tally as they add to an order.
- The new 100 Combos under 600 Calories section, with more than 100 delicious combinations of signature panini, sandwiches, salads and soups, all under 600 calories.
- A fun new "shuffle" option allowing guests to discover new Corner Bakery Cafe options for ordering.
- A location finder front and center on the mobile and tablet versions of the site, so guests can find a nearby cafe and order before arrival.
- The launch of "To-Go" online ordering that allows guests to skip the line and order online, adding to the previously available option of catering online ordering.
- Easy social sharing capabilities so guests can share favorite menu items with friends via Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
- A fresh, food-forward design and use of video that reflects Corner Bakery Cafe's innovative, made-to-order menu.
- A completely reformatted franchising section, designed to provide franchise prospects with easier access to information, and a more efficient way to begin the application process.
Adding to the features of Corner Bakery Cafe's redesigned website is the "My Cafe" section, putting each company-owned and franchised cafe front and center where guests can favorite a cafe, look at photos, read reviews on Yelp and Google+ and locate driving directions and a map to their local cafe.
Diana Hovey, Chief Marketing Officer for Corner Bakery Cafe, says the new website is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's consumer while supporting the fast-casual franchise chain's goal to more than double its U.S. footprint in the next three to four years.
"Rockfish perfectly understood our guests' on-the-go lifestyles," said Hovey. "I'm thrilled with our new website. Its responsive design is engaging and simple to use on any platform, while retaining the Corner Bakery Cafe branding and guest experience."
"We wanted to create a digital environment as inviting and welcoming as the cafes," said Dawn Maire, Chief Strategy Officer for Rockfish. "The new Corner Bakery Cafe site employs technology that is extraordinary and makes it refreshingly user-friendly. We believe Corner Bakery Cafe guests will be so pleased with the new features that it will become a regular part of their restaurant experience."
About Corner Bakery Cafe
Corner Bakery Cafe is a fast-casual restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner to guests in 17 states and Washington, D.C. by the end of 2013. Established in 1991, Corner Bakery Cafe restaurants are owned and operated by CBC Restaurant Corp. with more than 150 company-owned and franchised locations around the country. Founded on a philosophy of creating a place for people to relax and gather with family and friends, Corner Bakery Cafe offers a casual atmosphere featuring innovative, seasonal menu options ranging from hot breakfasts and signature paninis to handcrafted salads, sandwiches and mouthwatering sweets. Offering dine-in, to-go and catering service for any occasion, Corner Bakery Cafe delivers a premier bakery cafe experience in the heart of neighborhoods everywhere. Corner Bakery Cafe was acquired in 2011 by Roark Capital Group, an Atlanta-based private equity firm that specializes in business and consumer service companies with attractive growth prospects and revenues ranging from $20 million to more than $1.0 billion. More information on Corner Bakery Cafe franchise opportunities is available at www.CornerBakeryCafe.com/Franchise.aspx.
Become a fan of Corner Bakery Cafe on Facebook and on Twitter.
Rockfish is a full-service digital innovation partner that drives business for some of the world's largest brands. We build groundbreaking digital solutions through expert integration of strategy, creative and technology. Founded in 2006, Rockfish has offices in Dallas, Austin, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Northwest Arkansas, Portland and Chicago. Rockfish is part of WPP, the world leader in communications services with 165,000 employees in 110 countries. For more information, visit RockfishDigital.com and find us on Facebook and Twitter.
SOURCE Corner Bakery Cafe