Sleeker, Smarter And Faster Than Ever: Pizza Hut Serves Up New Mobile Ordering Website, Smartphone And Tablet Apps
Pizza, Pasta and Wings from Pizza Hut Can Now Be Ordered in Less Than 30 Seconds
PLANO, Texas - Oct. 29, 2013 // PRNewswire // - By the end of next year, the number of active mobile phones in the world will exceed the world population. Yes, there will be more phones than people on the planet.
To continue to stay ahead of the way people are using their mobile devices, Pizza Hut, the world's largest pizza company, is introducing all-new mobile ordering apps and a refreshed mobile website to continue to provide on-the-go consumers with the most convenient ways to order pizza.
The new mobile enhancements will enable users to order in less than 30 seconds, will be GPS-enabled to assist in finding the nearest restaurant and will immediately update as new products and deals are introduced.
Pizza Hut pioneered the mobile app business in the pizza category in 2009. In addition, the first item ever ordered online was a Pizza Hut pizza in 1994.
"When it comes to technology in the pizza category, no one has led the way like Pizza Hut," said Kurt Kane, Chief Marketing Officer, Pizza Hut. "We've consistently innovated in this area with technology that improves the experience and focuses on convenience for our customers. Our new apps and mobile website again push that forward with even more speed and ease."
Digital ordering accounts for about 30 percent of deliveries and carryout traffic for Pizza Hut nationwide and nearly half of the company's digital orders stem from mobile devices. That's a 4,000 percent increase in Pizza Hut mobile ordering since 2010. The new apps and website are designed to deliver the following:
- Lightning-Fast Experience: Customers on-the-go can order a pizza in less than 30 seconds. Pizza Hut partnered with industry-leading mobile designers and developers to produce a simplified ordering flow based on best-practice mobile navigation and user experience. The company will also add a reordering feature in the near future that will save orders enabling users to place an order in ten seconds.
- Customer Connected: Pizza Hut has added an "Inbox" and application badges for delivering deal messages to app users. Push notifications will soon be added to let customers know when their delivery order is on its way.
- Real Time Product Updates: Customers hungry for the latest Pizza Hut menu additions – like the new 3-Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza – receive instant access without downloading updates.
- GPS-Enabled: GPS technologies make it easy to find nearby restaurants and access local deals.
Current Pizza Hut app users should have received a notification update for the new mobile app. New users can download the app at mobile.pizzahut.com and in the Apple and Google app stores.
To keep up with the latest brand news, visit the company's Facebook page or follow Pizza Hut on Twitter at @PizzaHut.
About Pizza Hut
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), delivers more pizza, pasta and wings than any other restaurant in the world. In 2013, Pizza Hut was named the Harris Poll Equitrend® Pizza Brand of the Year and was the recipient of the Innovation and Leadership in Advertising Award from the American Advertising Federation, 10th District. The only pizza company to be named a top ten franchise in 2013 by Entrepreneur Magazine, Pizza Hut began 55 years ago in Wichita, Kansas, and today operates more than 10,000 restaurants in more than 90 countries. Pizza Hut also is the proprietor of the BOOK IT! ® Program, which is a long-standing children's literacy program used in more than 620,000 classrooms nationwide. To order online from Pizza Hut, visit PizzaHut.com.
SOURCE Pizza Hut
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances