RadioShack Brings One of Its New Concept Stores to Detroit
Newly Remodeled Store Opens, Featuring Top Brands and Interactive Experiences
FORT WORTH, Texas - Oct. 29, 2013 // PRNewswire // - RadioShack returns to Detroit with the opening of the company's first area concept store on Tuesday, Oct. 29 at 9:30 a.m. RadioShack has deep roots in Detroit, opening its first store more than 44 years ago in 1969. The completely remodeled location can be found in Gateway Marketplace at 1347 W. Eight Mile.
All concept stores in the company's portfolio feature an upgraded shopping experience, which showcases the company's new look, and incorporates interactive areas designed to help shoppers improve their technology profile. Some features include:
- A speaker wall where customers can shop and compare 13 different speakers using music installed on in-store tablets or played from their own Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices;
- Interactive displays that enable shoppers to find and compare products, including headphone demo stations where they can listen to leading brands like SOL REPUBLIC, Skullcandy and Beats by Dr. Dre; a remote control (RC) toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display demonstrating the capabilities of several models of GoPro cameras;
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, like touchscreens and apps that help shoppers understand the benefits of products;
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon;
- Helpful, informative RadioShack staff who can answer shoppers' questions about hundreds of products and services, and direct customers to the items that meet their specific needs; and
- A Do-It-Yourself area where consumers can plan projects.
RadioShack is opening a select number of these highly experiential stores in neighborhoods throughout the nation. The Detroit location is the eighth concept store to open since the company began converting to the new format this summer. These new stores reflect the company's strides towards reinvigorating its stores, revamping its product assortment and repositioning the brand. By the end of 2013, RadioShack will have more than 100 concept and brand statement stores open and will have made improvements to nearly all 4,300 stores throughout the nation.
Neighbors are invited to come see the newer, brighter RadioShack and pick up an instant savings coupon good for $10 off any $40 qualifying purchase while supplies last, or check into the store on Foursquare to claim the deal for a limited time.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack® offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes approximately 4,300 company-operated stores in the United States, 270 company-operated stores in Mexico, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack® is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation