Top Holiday Travel Tips from Cruise Planners - American Express Travel
Last-Minute Cruise Tips This Holiday Season
Coral Springs, Fla. (PRWEB) November 22, 2013 - According to Cruise Planners - American Express Travel, the nation’s largest home-based travel agent franchise network in the travel industry, there are still last-minute holiday cruise deals for savvy travelers. "A cruise could be just the ticket and a great way to celebrate with the loved ones this holiday season," said Michelle Fee, Cruise Planners-American Express Travel CEO and co-founder. "Holiday cruises fill up fast, but there are still some last-minute deals out there."
Traveling during the holidays provides a getaway and opportunity for families to wind down, spend quality time together and find activities for everyone – without losing the holiday traditions.
This holiday season, travelers can vacation around the world and celebrate the holidays in style; visiting historic Christmas markets in Europe, sailing in Australia, the South Pacific, the Amazon or Antarctica, or vacation in the Caribbean.
Below are the top holiday cruise tips for getting the most out of traveling this season according to Cruise Planners:
- Special holiday cruise destinations: Bask in the Caribbean to enjoy a tropical getaway, explore Europe, which can be chilly during the holidays, getaway to exotic destinations such as Asia or New Zealand and celebrate before everyone else with the time difference.
- Off-season deals: Try a destination you may not be able to afford during high season to save money.
- Deck the halls: During the holidays, ships large and small will be decorated with garlands, wreaths, holiday sprays, Christmas trees, and thousands of twinkling lights to get travelers in the traditional holiday spirit.
- Foodies' favorites: Cruise lines may offer savory gourmet Thanksgiving turkey dinners, Christmas high teas, tasting menus, mimosa brunches and other celebratory holiday meals.
- Gift giving: A cruise is a gift in itself and a great gift for family and friends. Make sure you agree to exchange gifts with loved ones before the sailing, after the cruise or during the trip.
- Family travel: Many of the major cruise lines cater to families – from children’s menus to creative holiday-themed activities, there is something for all the little ones. And the cruise line staff goes above and beyond to bring cheer and joy to the entire family.
- Kid-Free Zone: For travelers who are interested in traveling sans kids during the holidays, a trusted travel agent can help travelers find a cruise that caters to a more mature clientele.
To locate a local travel advisor for a last-minute holiday escape, please visit Cruise Planners’ website: http://www.cruiseplanners.com/franchises/locateAgents.
About Cruise Planners–American Express Travel
Named No.1 Cruise Tour/Travel Agency by Entrepreneur for the past 10 years and recently featured in Entrepreneur as one of the top 30 franchise innovators in technology, Cruise Planners positions franchise owners for success by providing them with innovative marketing, booking and lead-generating tools as well as professional development and hands-on training with the industry’s top executives. Headquartered in Coral Springs, Fla., Cruise Planners has achieved top producer status with every major cruise line. Accolades include a record 11 Magellan Awards from Travel Weekly in 2013, Special Needs Group Accessible Travel Advocate Power Partners™ for 2012, American Express Travel Representative Excellence Award for eight years in a row (2004 – 2011), American Express Agency of the Year (2010), Royal Caribbean International Home-Based Partner of the Year (2007 – 2012), Royal Caribbean International President’s Award for Overall Achievement for 2012, Norwegian Cruise Line Franchise Agency of the Year (2011-2013) and Home-Based Agency of the Year (2010), Celebrity Cruises Southeast Region Travel Agent Partner of the Year (2010), American Express Vacations Globe Award (2008 – 2012), Globus Family of Brands Premier Agency Partner (2009- 2012), Platinum Circle Member with Viking River Cruises (2009-2012), Regent Seven Seas Cruises Top Producer and International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association Member. For information, visit http://www.cruiseplanners.com.
+1 954-344-8060 Ext: 117