The Grounds Guys® Helps You Get Your Mower Ready for Summer: Winterizing Mower Tips from the Grounds Guys
The Grounds Guys offers some tips to keep your mower running like new after sitting through the long winter months.
Waco, TX (PRWEB) November 27, 2013 - The best way to have a good summer lawn is to have the proper equipment to maintain your lawn. One way of doing this is to winterize your mower so it will be ready for summer. The Grounds Guys offers some tips to keep your mower running like new after sitting through the long winter months.
- Drain your fuel. You never want to leave gas sitting in the tank over those long winter months. When draining any remaining fuel ensure it is into an approved container.
- Replace your filters. It is a good idea to change your air and oil filters after the summer months. Since your mower will be sitting out the winter, this is the perfect time to change the filters.
- Clean out the undercarriage of your mower. Grass left in the mower deck will harden over the winter months making it harder to remove if you wait until the first mow of the summer.
- Sharpen and balance your mower blades. Sharpened blades will give you a nice even cut.
- Replace the spark plug. This will help ensure that your motor is running at a peak performance level.
- Check the belts and safety shields. Belts can become worn and stretched. Ensure that they are nice a tight on the pulleys and are not cracked or dry.
- Disconnect the battery. This will help ensure that it stays charged over the winter.
- Ensure that the wiring is not frayed.
- Inspect your mower for additional maintenance needs like headlights, tires, bolts etc.
By following these steps from The Grounds Guys, your mower will be ready to tackle the lawn care after the cold weather passes, and the summer lawn care months begin.
About The Grounds Guys®
The Grounds Guys is a new franchise concept specializing in commercial and estate residential landscape management services. It is the seventh service concept of The Dwyer Group, an international franchise company with more than 1,400 locations globally. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.groundsguys.com, follow The Grounds Guys on Twitter (@GroundsGuysUS), like The Grounds Guys on Facebook (Facebook.com/GroundsGuys) or add us to your circle on Google+ (gplus.to/TheGroundsGuysUS).
The Dwyer Group
+1 (254) 759-5894
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances