Cruise Planners Celebrates 50th Anniversary of the Beatles Invasion at New Riviera Maya Hard Rock Hotel
Experience Live Beatles Performances, Recreations from 50 Years Ago and Exclusive Sessions with Rock Legends in Mexico, February 5 - 10, 2014
Coral Springs, FL (PRWEB) January 15, 2014 - Cruise Planners-American Express Travel has partnered with Music in M'Ocean to come together at the corner of Rock 'N' Roll and Peace. This year, the 50th anniversary of The Beatles Invasion in America will be celebrated at The Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya- located near Cancun, Mexico. Travelers can enjoy the powdery white beaches and turquoise waters of the Caribbean's beautiful Riviera Maya and discover this private, secure retreat that offers separate family and adult areas; an all-inclusive experience where guests of all ages and a Backstage VIP Pass opens a door to world-class performers are celebrating the 50th anniversary of The Beatles coming to America.
Below are the highlights of the 5-day Beatlemania event complete with celebrities and renowned Beatles enthusiasts.
- Wednesday, February 5: The event kicks off with an introduction to the stars by veteran radio personality Joe Johnson, host of the hit program “Beatle Brunch,” on the air 21 seasons, one of the longest running Beatles radio shows in the world. Joe will be on-hand to Emcee the entire week of music and Beatlemania. Joining him opening night, Jim Berkenstadt, keynote speaker and author of The Beatle Who Vanished, will humor everyone with a bit of light-hearted and entertaining Beatles history. Jim's inside association with The Beatles opens a wealth of fascinating information not often discussed in forums.
- Thursday, February 6: Travelers can picture themselves in a Broadway theater when the critically acclaimed rock show, Just Imagine, makes them feel as though they were transported five decades ago. Come Together for a one-on-one session, with a musical legend who shook the world. Experience John Lennon's timeless musical genius as Tim Piper describes John's life from tumultuous childhood, to worldwide pop music superstar, to a groundbreaking social icon that influenced generations. This is The Best of John Lennon in a well-executed, thoroughly entertaining music-history tutorial delivered by Lennon virtuoso, Tim Piper and his band.
- Friday, February 7: Distinctive guitar stylist and two-time Grammy winner Laurence Juber will perform in concert on the Hard Rock main stage. He will feature a variety of tunes from The Beatles Songbook and his own album collection. To complement the event festivities, Laurence will reveal an exclusive audio-visual production - a photo chronicle of his work with Paul McCartney’s ‘Band on the Run’ in a narrative detailing "Back To The Egg" recording sessions and the 1979 UK Tour. This in-depth personal perspective represents the final incarnation of Paul McCartney’s ‘Band On The Run’ and it is an outstanding, noteworthy colloquium that speaks volumes. In the evening, guests will witness first-class irony when the FABulous Beatles initial drummer, Pete Best and his band rocks the stratosphere! Pete will be there for a meet and greet complete with autographs and photo opps for superfans looking to get up-close with the guy who jump started Beatlemania into the hearts of British fans during the early 60's.
- Saturday, February 8: The versatile tribute, Band On The Run, featuring the artistry of Peter Paul Sacco, Homer Gutierrez, Jeff Schilling, Chris Holt and Brad Swiger who together combine their talent to perform songs not always heard at any Beatles event will perform at 8 p.m. They will astound music fans with Fab Four music sounding as fresh as the day it was released with spot-on perfection to the arrangements and delivery. And add a smattering of Juber with a touch of Seiwell and this Band On The Run takes flight performing a set of songs from Paul McCartney's Wings.
- The Finale: Sunday, February 9 at 8 p.m.: 50 years ago, Ed Sullivan featured The Beatles on his CBS TV program on this exact time and day. Beatles fans will experience a musical milestone with Band On The Run with Beatle Brunch Host Joe Johnson when they recreate The Ed Sullivan Show, song for song, a presentation celebrating the greatest band in rock history.
Throughout the event Denny Seiwell will conduct an unbelievable Drum Clinic highlighting a selection of songs from Paul McCartney's RAM; Uncle Albert - Admiral Halsey, Too Many People, Just Another Day, Woman Oh Why, Monkberry Moon Delight and Back Seat of My Car. He will discuss the working days in studio and answer questions while thoroughly dissecting RAM. Denny's keen drum style and interpretation of Paul's music delivers personality, power and rhythmical importance to the group's unique sound the world has come to know - a clear conveyance of form, function and genius.
Also, during the Beatlemania weekend, Juber and Seiwell will offer Private Guitar and Drum Lessons and each session will be geared to the abilities of the individual student. Those interested are asked to bring their own instrument or sticks to polish their expertise with an experience of a lifetime.
To book this once-in-a-lifetime Beatles experience, call Cruise Planners - Angela DeDomenico, MCC for additional travel details and bookings - 877-291-1952 or visit http://www.musicinmocean.com/New/home.htm
About Cruise Planners–American Express Travel
Named No.1 Cruise Tour / Travel Agency by Entrepreneur for the past 11 years and recently featured in Entrepreneur as one of the top 30 franchise innovators in technology, Cruise Planners positions franchise owners for success by providing them with innovative marketing, booking and lead-generating tools as well as professional development and hands-on training with the industry’s top executives.
Headquartered in Coral Springs, Fla., Cruise Planners has achieved top producer status with every major cruise line. Accolades include a record 11 Magellan Awards from Travel Weekly in 2013, Special Needs Group Accessible Travel Advocate Power Partners™ for 2012, American Express Travel Representative Excellence Award for eight years in a row (2004 – 2011), American Express Agency of the Year (2010), Royal Caribbean International Home-Based Partner of the Year (2007 – 2013), Royal Caribbean International President’s Award for Overall Achievement for 2012, Norwegian Cruise Line Franchise Agency of the Year (2011-2013) and Home-Based Agency of the Year (2010), Celebrity Cruises Home-Based Account of the Year (2014) and Southeast Region Travel Agent Partner of the Year (2010), American Express Vacations Globe Award (2008 – 2012), Globus Family of Brands Premier Agency Partner (2009- 2012), Platinum Circle Member with Viking River Cruises (2009-2012), Regent Seven Seas Cruises Top Producer and International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association Member. For information, visit http://www.cruiseplanners.com.
Director of Public Relations
Cruise Planners-American Express Travel
+1 954-344-8060 Ext: 117