Dunkin' Donuts Plans 22 New Restaurants Throughout The Greater Baltimore/Washington, D.C. Area
February 06, 2014 // Franchising.com // CANTON, Mass. - Dunkin' Donuts, America's all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, announced today the signing of a multi-unit store development agreement with five existing franchise groups to develop 22 new restaurants throughout the Greater Baltimore/Washington, D.C. area over the next several years.
The five franchise groups and their development plans include:
- Existing franchisee Arun Mandi plans to develop eight restaurants throughout Washington, D.C. and Virginia. Mandi currently operates 28 locations in Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. His next restaurant is planned to open in 2015.
- Existing franchise group Goldwater LLC plans to develop two restaurants throughout Washington, D.C. This group currently owns and operates three restaurants throughout the Greater Washington, D.C. area. Their next restaurant is planned for 2015 with an additional location opening the following year.
- Existing franchise group Andy Cabral with Vigario Management plans to develop two restaurants in Manassas, VA. This group currently owns and operates six Dunkin' Donuts restaurants throughout Virginia. Their next restaurant is planned to open in 2014.
- Existing franchisees George and Nick Nistazo plan to develop nine restaurants throughout the Greater Washington, D.C. area. The duo currently owns and operates restaurants throughout Maryland and Delaware. Their next restaurant is planned for 2016.
- Existing franchisees Guarang and Nilkanth Patel plan to develop one Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin-Robbins combination location in Baltimore, Maryland. This duo currently owns and operates 15 restaurants throughout Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, D.C. This restaurant is planned to open in in Spring 2014.
The Greater Baltimore/Washington, D.C. area is currently home to 283 restaurants and Dunkin' Donuts is pursuing opportunities to further develop the market with both existing and new franchisees. To drive its expansion efforts, Dunkin' Donuts has aligned its strategy to support the growth opportunities and consumer needs of individual markets.
"Our secret to success is our passionate franchisees who provide a high-level of customer service to our guests every day," said Grant Benson, CFE, vice president of global franchising and business development, Dunkin' Brands. "We believe that these existing franchise partners with years of experience in our brand will help become an important part of the local communities they serve."
Dunkin' Donuts' new look includes four distinct restaurant design options for franchisees, each featuring variations in layout, color schemes, graphics, textures, furniture and/or lighting. The designs enhance the current restaurant appearance, environment and layout to serve people all day long. Unlike other quick-service restaurants, Dunkin' Donuts allows franchisees to select individual elements from any of the four options, creating a restaurant design that reflects their personal tastes and preferences, and best serves their specific restaurant size and location.
Building a solid network of stores within a market enables Dunkin' Donuts to invest in a distribution model that provides consistent, high-quality products that guests expect. In an effort to keep the brand fresh and competitive, Dunkin' Donuts offers flexible concepts for any real estate format including free-standing restaurants, end caps, in-line sites, gas and convenience, travel plazas, universities, as well as other retail environments.
Since the 1950s, Dunkin' Donuts has been a daily ritual for millions of people. For more than 60 years, Dunkin' Donuts has offered delicious food, beverages, and friendly service at a great value. To best serve its guests, Dunkin' Donuts offers an all-day menu including iced coffee, flavored coffees, lattes, Dunkin' Donuts K-Cup® Packs, Coolatta® frozen drinks, muffins, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, and a DDSMART® menu featuring better-for-you items.
To learn more about Dunkin' Donuts, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/DunkinDonuts) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/DunkinDonuts).
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for seven years running. The company has nearly 11,000 restaurants in 33 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
SOURCE Dunkin' Donuts
SOURCE Dunkin' Donuts