Like What You See in the Mirror - Glass Doctor® 10 Tips to Boost Your Self-Esteem
WACO, Texas (Feb. 3, 2014) – February is known for hearts, flowers and, of course, Cupid. But, it is also Boost Self Esteem Month. Glass Doctor has 10 self-affirmations to boost self-esteem.
- The "power pose."
- Standing up straight, placing your feet shoulder-width apart and putting your hands on your hips for two minutes will boost your self-esteem.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
- Don’t try to be someone else. You are you. If you look at what you have to offer and stop focusing on what others have, you will start to see your self-esteem improve.
- Find a passion.
- Hobbies and volunteering can be a great way to boost your self-esteem. By doing meaningful things, for yourself or someone else, you will see your self-esteem improve.
- Don’t worry about being perfect.
- Others may seem perfect but everyone has faults. Work on areas that you need to improve and realize others need improvements as well. Everyone has something they need to work on.
- List your positive qualities.
- If you feel you have a lot of negatives, make a list of everything positive about you. This will allow you to see what others see.
- Face your fears.
- By facing fears and overcoming them, other obstacles will be more easily handled, and you can approach them with a more positive attitude.
- Believe in the black cat.
- Many psychologists found people who believe in superstitions and good luck charms have higher self-esteems.
- Give a compliment.
- You can boost your self-esteem by giving out compliments to coworkers and friends.
- Believe you are competent.
- If you think you will fail a task before you try it, you just might. By telling yourself you have the skills required you will be more capable to handle the task.
- Get out and run. Exercise has been proven to boost self-esteem. Running or jogging can also reduce stress.
- See more at: http://blog.glassdoctor.com/like-what-you-see-in-the-mirror/#sthash.bn0z7N7c.dpuf
About Glass Doctor®
Established in 1962 with one shop in Seattle, Wash., today Glass Doctor offers complete glass repair, replacement and services to the residential, automotive, and commercial markets at more than 275 locations in the United States and Canada. Glass Doctor began franchising in 1977 and in 1998 joined The Dwyer Group, Inc., an international franchisor of service industry companies. At that time the company’s corporate headquarters relocated to Waco, Texas. Now there are more than 175 Glass Doctor franchise owners across the United States and Canada. For further information or to find the location nearest you, visit GlassDoctor.com.
SOURCE Glass Doctor