Fresh Healthy Vending International, Inc. Continues Franchisee Growth for Month of February 2014
Leading Healthy Vending Franchisor adds Five New Franchisees and 66 New Machines in Seven States across the Country
SAN DIEGO - March 03, 2014 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Fresh Healthy Vending International, Inc. (OTC Markets: VEND), North America’s leading healthy vending franchisor, announced sales of 47 Fresh Healthy Vending machines to five new franchisees, in addition to 19 machines that were sold to existing franchisees during the month of February 2014.
"We are enthusiastic about the vigorous start for 2014. We continue to grow the number of franchisees and sales of our new Fresh Healthy Touch machines are up."
The 66 new machines, representing approximately $660,000 in sales bookings, will increase the company’s reach across seven states and include franchisee territories in Texas, Kentucky, Ohio, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan.
In addition to these sales numbers and added franchise growth, the company noted that it has reported on three other dynamic developments during February as follows:
- The company previously announced that on February 18, 2014, Mark Cole, interim VP of finance, was named the new CFO of Fresh Healthy Vending. Cole brings experience in mergers and acquisitions, capital financing, turnarounds and strategic planning. Cole joins FHV after having served as the vice president and corporate controller of the hyper-growth footwear designer, Crocs, Inc., and the golf apparel manufacturer Ashworth, Inc.
- It was also announced that on February 24, 2014, FHV entered into a non-binding term sheet to acquire certain micro-market assets from another San Diego based company, Corporate Refreshment Services, LLC (CRS). A micro-market is a self-checkout mini food store integrated into an office break room. Fresh executives have earlier described the Fresh Micro-Market concept as “a mini Whole Foods for the office break room.” Fresh Healthy Vending has noted that after completing the proposed acquisition, it expects to increase the number of company-owned micro-markets in the San Diego area and begin offering the integrated micro-market platform to all franchisees and prospective franchisees.
- On February 27th, FHV reported that it had obtained over $500,000 in cash that will be used for working capital and may also be used to support in the development of the proposed micro-market business.
"All of the positive changes during February show a promising future for Fresh," said Alex Kennedy, CEO of Fresh Healthy Vending. "We are enthusiastic about the vigorous start for 2014. We continue to grow the number of franchisees and sales of our new Fresh Healthy Touch machines are up."
"By expanding our offerings with the addition of the Fresh Micro-Market concept, we will be able to serve more corporate locations while continuing to serve new and existing locations all with products that meet the national healthy snack mandates."
For more information on Fresh Healthy Vending, the franchise program, or to receive a free healthy vending machine in your school or business, visit www.freshvending.com or call toll free 888-902-7558.
About Fresh Healthy Vending
Fresh Healthy Vending, based in San Diego, California, is a leading healthy vending franchisor. Fresh Healthy Vending pioneered the concept of vending machines stocked with tried-and-tested fresh, healthy snack options and capitalizes on a growing market of health conscious consumers. The company has appointed more than 205 franchisees throughout the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the Bahamas and is looking to partner with like-minded entrepreneurs who share its vision.
The company offers three different machines: The Healthy Vending Combo snack and drink machine, Healthy Vending Café that brews gourmet hot beverages in less than 40 seconds, and the brand new Healthy Vending Touch - the only 46" 3D interactive touch screen vending machine.
The company has more than 2,300 machines installed in schools, universities, hospitals, community centers, military bases, airports, fitness facilities, YMCAs, libraries and many other types of locations.
Fresh Healthy Vending believes that it is currently the only vending company providing a comprehensive integrated business model that:
- Has an integrative focus on securing qualified locations for vending machine placement on behalf of franchisees
- Has an in-house products department which creates specialized menus specific to each location
- Has a corporate owned machine division that serves to provide an independent revenue stream
- Provides franchisees with best practices obtained and enhanced by experience of directly operating machines and managing routes
- Delivers a one of a kind franchise coaching program to assist franchisees with developing their healthy vending business using the company’s Steps to Success Program
Fresh Healthy Vending’s stock is traded through the OTC Markets, Symbol: VEND.
For more information on Fresh Healthy Vending, the Franchise Program, or to receive a free healthy vending machine in your school or business, visit www.freshvending.com or call toll free 888-902-7558.
Forward-Looking Statements Notice
This press release includes "forward-looking statements" as defined by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). All statements, other than statements of historical fact, included in the press release that address activities, events or developments that the Company believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. These statements, such as the anticipated completion of the proposed acquisition of Micro Market assets from Corporate Refreshment Services, LLC and our intent to increase the number of company-owned micro-markets, are based on certain assumptions made based on experience, expected future developments and other factors the Company believes are appropriate under the circumstances. Such statements are subject to a number of assumptions, risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the control of the Company and may not materialize. As a consequence no assurance can be given that this proposed acquisition transaction will close. Investors are cautioned that any such statements, are not guarantees of future performance. The contents of this release should be considered in conjunction with the warnings, risk factors and cautionary statements contained in the Company’s recent filings with the SEC. Furthermore, the Company does not intend, and is not obligated, to update publicly any forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
Fresh Healthy Vending International, Inc.