Smashburger Sees Increased Appetite for Better, Premium Options in Airports and other Non-Traditional Locations
DENVER - (BUSINESS WIRE) - March 26, 2014 - Smashburger, the national better burger restaurant known for its fresh, smashed to order burgers, is pleased to announce partnerships for new airport locations in Phoenix, AZ, Washington, D.C. and Dallas, TX, in addition to its first casino location in Durant, OK. The new agreements bring the company's non-traditional unit count to eight, with additional restaurants located at Newark Liberty International, Salt Lake City International, Philadelphia International and Juan Santamaría International airports.
Answering the demand for better meal options for travelers on the go, Smashburger has partnered with the following experienced franchisees to introduce the brand's fresh, made to order fast casual offering at the following venues:
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport – Smashburger has partnered with T&T Pho, LLC and master concessionaire SSP to open the first Smashburger location at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Terminal 4, in late spring 2014. SSP is the leading provider of food and beverage brands in travel locations, operating restaurants, bars, cafés, food courts, lounges and convenience stores in airports, train stations, motorway service stations and other leisure locations across the United States and internationally.
- Washington Dulles International Airport – Smashburger has partnered with Daniel Kurniawan and Inez Setiabudi of Dan Food Service Corporation to open a location at Washington Dulles International Airport, Concourse A, in fall 2014. Dan Food Service Corporation is an Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) with more than 35 years experience in food service industry, operating specialized food concepts like Arby's and Gachi House of Sushi.
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport – Smashburger has partnered with Roz Mallet of PhaseNext Hospitality to open a location at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Terminal B, in summer 2015. Mallet is a current Smashburger franchisee with a restaurant location on Fort Bliss, and is also a franchise owner for Buffalo Wild Wings and Corner Bakery Café.
- Choctaw Casino Resort – Smashburger has partnered with Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma and Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts to open its first casino restaurant location at premiere Choctaw Casino Resort in spring 2014. Delaware North is an industry leading master concessionaire, providing stewardship and hospitality with hotel, retail, food service, recreation and transportation operations at historic and scenic properties in North America and Australia.
Scott Crane, Smashburger CEO, commented, "Today's traveler no longer wants to settle for subpar fast food that lacks quality ingredients and flavors, and is demanding higher quality fast casual options like Smashburger at airports and other high-traffic destinations. As we gear up to open these new airport and casino options, our guests will no longer have to sacrifice taste for value and speed of service. Each of these new locations allows us to expand our non-traditional portfolio with strong partners that will change the way travelers eat on the go."
Smashburger recently entered into a consulting relationship with Innovative Strategies to strategically grow its restaurant presence in the non-traditional concession market, principally U.S. airports.
Mario Trevino, President of Innovative Strategies added: "With its superior food quality and the most diverse menu offering in the better burger segment, I believe Smashburger will continue to translate well in the non-traditional concessions sector, especially airports where sophisticated air travelers demand top food quality and speed of service at a great value. We are pleased to work alongside Smashburger to actively pursue new airport opportunities across the country to grow the brand's non-traditional concessions."
Smashburger is focused on staying ahead of trend to give guests what they are hungry for today. Through a fresh, innovative menu that features signature burger recipes, including unique local burger recipes and the opportunity to create your own burger, Smashburger offers a premium, customized meal that fits the demands of today's guest. The restaurant also serves up a variety of irresistible sides, freshly prepared chicken sandwiches, salads, premium handspun Häagen-Dazs shakes and craft beers, all at a great value.
Smashburger is America's fastest growing, fast casual "better burger" restaurant with more than 260 corporate and franchise restaurants operating in 30 states and in four international countries. The company began in 2007 with the vision of Rick Schaden and funding by Consumer Capital Partners—the private equity firm that he and his father Richard own. By offering fresh, premium "smashed to order" burgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, signature side items and hand-spun Häagen-Dazs shakes, Smashburger has modernized the way people think about burgers. Known for localizing its menu in every market with regionally inspired burgers, side items and local craft beers, Smashburger has received numerous awards, including ranking #2 on Franchise Times "2014 Fast & Serious" list of smartest-growing brands, being named "America's Most Promising Company" by Forbes Magazine in 2011 and to the Top 10 in 2014, topping Fast Casual's "2012 Top Mover & Shakers" list, and being featured on the Inc. 500 List of "America's Fastest Growing Companies." Smashburger also regularly receives "Best Burger" awards in cities around the world. To learn more, visit www.smashburger.com.
About Consumer Capital Partners
Consumer Capital Partners is an innovative investment and operating company, focused on starting up, operating and investing in consumer, franchising and lifestyle brands. Consumer Capital Partners also engages in modern channels of giving across a broad spectrum of contemporary causes. To learn more about CCP, please visit www.consumercp.com.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances