Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc.'s 2013 Annual Report Now Available Online
ATLANTA - April 22, 2014 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc. (NASDAQ: PLKI) announced today that its 2013 Online Annual Report and other proxy materials are now available at http://popeyes.com/investors/annual-reports/2013/.
Offering a combination of interactive content and videos, the 2013 Online Annual Report presents the Company's accomplishments during the past year, including:
- Domestic same-store sales increased for the fifth consecutive year, and international same-store sales grew for the seventh consecutive year.
- 194 new restaurants opened globally, the most new restaurants opened in any single year in the last 15 years.
- Nine new company-operated restaurants were opened, six of which were in our new company markets - Indianapolis and Charlotte.
- 550 restaurants remodeled in the new Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen image, bringing the total to approximately 60% of the domestic system.
- Our adjusted earnings per diluted share were $1.43, an increase of approximately 15% over last year.
About Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc.
Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc. is the franchisor and operator of Popeyes® restaurants, the world's second-largest quick-service chicken concept based on number of units. As of December 29, 2013, Popeyes had 2,225 operating restaurants in the United States, three territories, and 28 foreign countries. The Company's primary objective is to deliver sales and profits by offering excellent investment opportunities in its Popeyes brand and providing exceptional franchisee support systems and services to its owners. Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc. can be found at www.popeyes.com.
Director, Finance & Investor Relations
Coltrin & Associates, Inc.
212-221-1616 ext. 111
Senior Vice President, Operations