Show Your Love to Mom This Mother's Day with the Gift of Good Health
Studies Show Many Benefits of Regular Massage
Las Vegas, NV - April 30, 2014 - (PR.com) - American mothers are busier than ever before. The stresses of family, work and home are extremely demanding. Quite often, moms are so busy taking care of everyone else that they forget to take care of themselves.
Massage is a great way to manage stress, and research supports this fact. The incredible benefits of massage are even more powerful when taken in regular "doses." Researchers from the Touch Research Institute (TRI) at the University of Miami found that recipients of massage can benefit even in small doses (15 minutes of chair massage or 30 minutes of table massage). They also note that receiving massage on a consistent basis is even more beneficial.
Massage is increasingly being used in conjunction with traditional medicine to offer a drug-free, non-invasive, and humanistic approach based on the body's natural ability to heal itself. Many people combine complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) treatments with their conventional medical care. This has led to a new concept called integrative medicine. Consult your health care provider to see if CAM treatments are right for you or for the Moms in your life.
The following is a brief list of research-based benefits of massage:
- Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into cells, tissues and vital organs
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body's natural defense system against toxic invaders. For example, in cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles
- Reduces muscle spasms and cramping
- Increases joint flexibility and range of motion
- Reduces recovery time of injuries, or post-athletic soreness
- Boosts the immune system
- Releases endorphins, the body's natural painkillers
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema. Reduces scar tissue
- Relieves pain for headache sufferers and decreases the need for medications
- Assists with shorter labor for expectant mothers, and eases postpartum depression
- Removes harmful toxins from cells
- Releases serotonin, the body's natural antidepressant
In celebration of Mother's Day, and in recognition of the many proven benefits of regular massage, the 12 Massage Envy Spa clinics in the Las Vegas/ Henderson region are offering these special promotions:
- Spend $50 in gift card purchases, receive a free enhanced therapy
- Spend $100 in gift card purchases, receive a free 30-minute upgrade
- Spend $150 in gift card purchases, receive a free 60-minute massage session or facial session
Purchase a 12-month membership, receive 1 free facial and 1 free 60-minute massage session. (Some restrictions apply. See clinic for details.)
About Massage Envy Spa Las Vegas
Massage Envy Spa Las Vegas, voted "Best Spa" in the Las Vegas Review-Journal's 2013 and 2014 "Best of Las Vegas" polls, is a co-op of 12 massage clinics and part of the nation's largest therapeutic massage provider and spa chain.
About Massage Envy Spa
Massage Envy Spa, based in Scottsdale, Arizona, is a national franchisor, and through its franchised locations, is the leading provider of therapeutic massage in the U.S. The national franchise is dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic massage and spa services to members and guests with busy lifestyles at convenient times and locations. Founded in 2002, Massage Envy Spa has more than 970 franchise locations in 49 states and 1.45 million members. For more information, visit www.massageenvy.com.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances