On The Border Introduces New 'Border Smart'™ Selections
Largest Casual Dining Mexican Restaurant Chain Re-Recipes Some Best Sellers, Offers Innovative Items with 590 Calories or Less
May 13, 2014 // Franchising.com // DALLAS, Texas – On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina® announced it is has added new Border Smart items to its menu - some of its best-selling items, including fajitas, enchiladas and tacos - all with 590 or less calories.
"We're really excited about our new Border Smart offerings," said Jamie Carawan, On The Border's senior director of culinary and innovation. "With Border Smart, we took some of our guests' favorites and challenged ourselves to offer those same options, with all of the bold flavors, and under 600 calories."
On The Border guests can now treat themselves to six delicious Border Smart items:
- Tomatillo Chicken Enchiladas (350-490 calories) – Two chicken tinga enchiladas topped with tomatillo sauce and queso fresco, served with choice of black beans, cilantro lime rice or grilled vegetables.
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas (550 calories) – Mesquite-grilled chicken, sautéed onions and red & green bell peppers, served with black beans, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole and white corn tortillas.
- Grilled Chicken Fajita Tacos (360-500 calories) – Two soft corn tortillas with grilled chicken, pico de gallo and lime-cilantro chimichurri, served with choice of black beans, cilantro lime rice or grilled vegetables.
- Mexican Grilled Chicken (450 calories) – Grilled chicken breast, pico de gallo and choice of sauce (Tomatillo or Spicy Salsa Fresca), served with cilantro lime rice and grilled vegetables.
- Mango Chicken Salad (400 calories) – Chopped romaine, grilled chicken, roasted corn, black beans, mango, jicama, pico de gallo, queso fresco and fat-free Mango Citrus Vinaigrette.
On The Border's popular Create Your Own Combo option also has a spot on the Border Smart Menu. With Create Your Own Border Smart Combo (170-590 calories depending on the combination) guests can pick two from the following options: Side Salad with salsa (60 cal.), Tomatillo Chicken Enchilada (140 cal.), Grilled Chicken Fajita Taco (150 cal.) or Tostada - Seasoned Ground Beef (180 cal.), Chicken Tinga (140 cal.) or Guacamole (200 cal.).
On The Border, the official restaurant of National Margarita Day 2014, also features a Fresh Lime Skinny Margarita, with fresh lime juice and Hornitos Plata Tequila, served on the rocks, with just 100 calories.
Price and participation may vary.
About On The Border
On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina is a leading full-service restaurant and the world's largest casual dining chain that offers an extensive menu of great-tasting, classic and contemporary Mexican food, like sizzling mesquite-grilled fajitas, and Margaritas as big and bold as the border itself. On The Border is owned by On The Border Acquisition LLC, with 157 restaurants in 36 states, Puerto Rico, Asia and the Middle East. Follow and 'like' On The Border on Facebook at www.facebook.com/OnTheBorderMexicanGrillandCantina, and @OnTheBorder on Twitter. For more information, visit www.ontheborder.com.
SOURCE On The Border
DFPR for On The Border