The Maids: Hair, Hair Everywhere and Other Pet Peeves
May 13, 2014 // Franchising.com // Pets are a wonderful addition to any family, but owning dogs or cats can make keeping your home clean a big challenge. When the fur flies, don’t despair. Experts at The Maids - the only residential cleaning service to clean for health – offer a few tips to help keep your house fresh and you and your animal pals happy.
- Some dogs and cats shed more than others, especially during warm-weather months, but no matter which pet breed you choose, you likely will have to deal with hair, hair and more hair. Sweep or vacuum and dust at least twice a week to keep hair in check.
By brushing pets at least once a week you’ll decrease the amount of hair that lands on floors and other surfaces. Brushing cats will limit the hair they ingest as they groom themselves, which, in turn, keeps their digestive systems working well and reduces the number of nasty hairballs and other messes you will have to clean up.
- Replace filters in your furnace and cooling systems more often than normal to keep the systems working efficiently and the air fresh.
- No furniture is hair-repellent, but you should consider buying sofas and chairs covered with tightly woven fabric or leather, which is easier to clean than other materials.
- Like their humans, pets have favorite lounging places. Place beds, blankets or pads in those areas to act as hair- and odor- catchers; launder these beds often.
- Clean vomit, urine and other pet accidents immediately. On carpets, remove solid matter then blot with paper towels. Spray with a vinegar/water mix then sprinkle with baking soda to remove odors and moisture. Don’t use an ammonia-based cleaner, which might smell like urine and lead cats to believe this area is another “bathroom.” Remember to spot-test any cleaning product.
- Remove waste from litter boxes daily and add a few shakes of baking soda to help keep kitty litter smelling fresh.
About The Maids
Known for its 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System, The Maids is the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, combining environmentally preferable cleaning supplies and state-of-the-art equipment with a methodical process to maintain the healthiest living environment possible for families. The Maids enjoys a 96 percent customer referral rate, distinguishing them as the residential cleaning service of choice. Visit The Maids (www.maids.com) for more information.
SOURCE The Maids