Anytime Fitness Is Saving Lives And Surpassing Milestones Worldwide
2,500 Clubs Now Open, Including Nearly 600 Outside of the U.S.
HASTINGS, Minn. - May 14, 2014 // PRNewswire // - Anytime Fitness, the world's fastest-growing fitness club chain, recently surpassed another impressive milestone: 2,500 gyms worldwide. Perhaps even more noteworthy, nearly 600 of those gyms have opened in 16 different countries during the last five years.
"A very small percentage of U.S.-based franchises can say that nearly 1/4th of their units are located outside of the United States," said Chuck Runyon, CEO of Anytime Fitness. "It's proof that our business model is attractive to potential franchisees and consumers worldwide. In fact, 2014 will likely be the first year that we open more gyms internationally than in the U.S."
"My Anytime Story"
Meanwhile, within days after launching, Anytime Fitness' new "My Anytime Story" campaign (www.myanytimestory.com) prompted more than 1,000 members to share very personal stories about how Anytime Fitness helped improve their lives – with many members stating unequivocally, "Anytime Fitness saved my life."
"The majority of the stories that our members have submitted share a common theme: Anytime Fitness helped me get to a healthier place in my life, both physically and emotionally," said Stacy Anderson, Chief Marketing Officer for Anytime Fitness. "The personalized service that our staff provides helps our members deal with all sorts of common challenges – from managing diabetes to losing large amounts of weight to rehab following a serious injury or chemotherapy. The stories we're seeing are heart-warming and hopeful."
In addition to weekly $1,000 winners, at the end of the six-week "My Anytime Story" campaign, a grand prize winner will be awarded $10,000 to keep and another $10,000 to share -- an opportunity to help others experience the benefits of healthy lifestyles by "paying fitness forward."
As for future plans, company officials expect Anytime Fitness will continue its rapid international growth rate in countries where clubs already exist, while entering multiple new markets in the years to come. In fact, the first Anytime Fitness club in Malaysia will open within the next few days.
"I believe that we'll have clubs open in at least 20 different countries by the end of the year," said John Kersh, VP of International Development for Anytime Fitness. "This year may be the first that we open more clubs internationally than domestically, but it won't be the last. I expect that trend to continue for the foreseeable future."
Other Anytime Fitness News
- Opening an average of 300 new facilities a year, Anytime Fitness has been the fastest-growing fitness club in the world for six years a row, according to the International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association (IHRSA).
- Entrepreneur magazine ranked Anytime Fitness #1 on its prestigious Franchise 500® list for 2014.http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/230291.
- In an effort to accelerate U.S. and global expansion, capitalizing on the company's robust growth rate and global consumer interest in fitness and health clubs, Anytime Fitness recently accepted a significant investment from Roark Capital Group. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/anytime-fitness-receives-investment-roark-110000058.html;_ylt=AwrBEiGamz1TFTQAniGTmYlQ.
- Anytime Fitness' parent company, Self Esteem Brands, is diversifying its portfolio by franchising "Waxing the City," a waxing studio featuring highly-trained "cerologists," superior waxing products, personalized service and a unique no-tipping policy. More than 40 Waxing the City franchise territories have already been sold.
About Anytime Fitness
Ranked #1 on Entrepreneur's prestigious Franchise 500® list, Anytime Fitness is the fastest-growing gym franchise in the world, with 2,500 gyms serving more than 2,000,000 members on five continents. Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, Anytime Fitness prides itself on providing its members with convenient fitness options and friendly, personal service in well-maintained facilities which feature top-quality exercise equipment. Gyms are now open in all 50 states, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, Ireland, Grand Cayman, Poland, the Netherlands, Spain, Qatar, India, Chile, Japan and Singapore. All franchised gyms are individually owned and operated. Join one gym and use them all. Members also enjoy free access to AnytimeHealth.com, the most comprehensive wellness website available.
SOURCE Anytime Fitness
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances