Realogy Selects 16 Emerging Technology Companies For Its Second Annual 'FWD' Innovation Summit June 17
MADISON, N.J. - May 19, 2014 // PRNewswire // - Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global leader in real estate franchising and provider of real estate brokerage, relocation and settlement services, today announced the selection of 16 emerging technology companies that will compete at the second annual Realogy FWD Innovation Summit on Tuesday, June 17 at the Company's headquarters in Madison, New Jersey.
"As we continue to invest in technology to grow our business, we believe the best place to be is at the intersection of innovation and technology," said Alex Perriello, president and CEO of the Realogy Franchise Group. "The FWD Innovation Summit allows us the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds who are focused on technology solutions designed for the real estate industry. The interest in our event has grown to international levels, and this year we have participating companies from Canada and Germany as well as from across the United States."
FWD is an invitation-only event designed to identify and attract the best new technology products and services for Realogy's franchise networks and company-owned residential real estate brokerages. In addition to presenting their products and services, each of the companies selected to participate in the exclusive event will be able to tap into the vast Realogy network of real estate leaders.
Realogy received approximately 100 applications from technology entrepreneurs, and selected 16 companies to compete for the $25,000 Realogy FWD Innovation cash prize.
"The high quality of applicants this year compelled us to broaden the field from 15 to 16 competitors in order to accommodate what we felt was a clear top tier of exciting new technology products and services," said Perriello.
The 2014 FWD participants are as follows (shown in alphabetical order):
- Beamly from BrightDoor: A micro-location marketing solution for real estate, Beamly can push personalized content to buyers' mobile devices as they move through a community, home or specific rooms in a home. (Cary, North Carolina)
- Closing Time: Helps real estate agents guide home buyers through the buying and closing process with an organized checklist of tasks and deliverables customized to each buyer's unique situation and specific state closing laws and procedures. (San Francisco, California)
- CO Everywhere: Connect to real-time, unfiltered local photos, geographic information and social activity anywhere you want by drawing on a map. (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Curb Call: A mobile app that coordinates on-demand home showings between buyers and nearby agents in real time. (San Diego, California)
- Deductr: Automates tracking of expenses, mileage and time, and provides single-click access to everything independent agents need to itemize and maximize their tax deductions. (Orem, Utah)
- FLIPT: Provides visual search for top investment properties, highlighting unique insights about home values and investment potential, and connects consumers with local agents. (Seattle, Washington)
- GoConnect: A free checklist app for real estate agents, created by real estate agents. (Cary, North Carolina)
- Househappy: A visual real estate search engine that offers consumers an intuitive way to search homes for sale, and brokers and agents a free platform on which to advertise their properties. (Portland, Oregon)
- KISI: A keyless entry system using smartphones that allows tenants and visitors to access their space more conveniently.(Brooklyn, New York)
- Lasso: Enables collaborative home search from multiple websites. (San Francisco, California)
- Matterport: Enables rapid, high-quality 3D visualization of physical spaces from a pro camera or a mobile phone. (Mountain View, California)
- Remotely: Home automation for the rental and real estate industry. Residents, agents and owners can control their locks, thermostats, lights and other appliances with their smartphones from anywhere in the world. (Denver, Colorado)
- Retsly: Aggregates and enhances MLS data and implements a cohesive real-time API as well as an open-source SDK for developing data-driven real estate products. (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Slidebureau: A professional tool and template design service for creating polished real estate presentations and slideshows.(Seattle, Washington)
- SmartExpose: Web, tablet and smartphone apps white-labeled for real estate agents and property developers. (Berlin,Germany)
- Zumper: A national search site for home and apartment rentals. Landlords and agents use the Zumper Pro mobile app to create and post listings to top search sites and manage leads on their phone. (San Francisco, California)
In 2013, Floored, a New York City-based start-up, won the inaugural Realogy FWD Innovation prize from among an impressive field of 15 emerging technology companies. The runner-up was HomeZada, a company whose software helps homeowners organize and manage their home, and the other finalist was BuyerMLS, a real-time buyer marketplace for agents.
Additional information about the Realogy FWD Innovation Summit is available online at www.realogyfwd.com.
About Realogy Holdings Corp.
Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY) is a global leader in residential real estate franchising with company-owned real estate brokerage operations doing business under its franchise systems as well as relocation and title services. Realogy's brands and business units include Better Homes and Gardens® Real Estate, CENTURY 21®, Coldwell Banker®, Coldwell Banker Commercial®, The Corcoran Group®, ERA®, Sotheby's International Realty®, NRT LLC, Cartus and Title Resource Group. Collectively, Realogy's franchise system members operate approximately 13,600 offices with 247,000 independent sales associates doing business in 104 countries around the world. Realogy is headquartered in Madison, N.J.
SOURCE Realogy Holdings Corp.