Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers Offers Tips on Teaching Your Teen to Drive
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - July 15, 2014 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers, a Birmingham-based fast-lube and full service automotive chain and franchisor, wants to share tips on how to teach your teen to drive.
We all know about the distractions teens face behind the wheel, but do they know how to maintain their vehicle? Teaching your teen to be a conscientious driver is important before letting them hit the open road.
Keep in mind when stopping to get gas:
- Check the tire pressure: Under inflation can cause tire failure and lead to higher fuel costs. The white sticker on the inside of the driver's door shows the correct tire pressure information for the vehicle.
- Check the oil change sticker: Compare the sticker to current car mileage.
- Check the wiper blades: Clean the rubber element to remove loose dirt and grime. If they’re sun-dried and stiff, they won’t squeegee the water properly.
"Educating your teen on safe driving practices can play a vital role in helping to reduce the number of teen-related accidents on the road each year," said Jeff Grissom, vice president of operations at Express Oil Change.
Share basic maintenance guidelines with your teen:
- Oil changes: Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers recommends having your vehicle's oil changed every 3,000 miles as an important preventative maintenance service. Changing the oil helps to ensure your vehicle is performing well by extending the life of your engine.
- Tire rotations: Most manufacturers recommend that you rotate and balance your tires every 6,000 miles. Proper tire rotation and balancing can save tires from excessive wear.
- Wiper blades: The standard recommendation is to change your vehicle's wiper blades every spring and fall to ensure optimal vision, or sooner if conditions require it.
*Additional releases in this series will be distributed in August, September and October.
About Express Oil Change® & Tire Engineers
Express Oil Change® & Tire Engineers is one of the leading automotive service providers in the South with over 200 locations across thirteen states. Throughout our 35 year history, our oil change process has been refined to give our customers the quickest oil change around while still providing the highest quality service and premium vehicle maintenance checks. Each and every Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers houses a full-service automotive mechanical department staffed by experienced technicians. Our ASE-certified technicians provide total car care through the use of state-of-the-art equipment and premium parts. Our commitment to you, our customer, is quality work, friendliness, and integrity in everything that we do. For more information, please visit www.expressoil.com.
For Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers