Woody's Bar-B-Q® Introduces the "Cluck, Moo, and Grunt" Sandwich Collection
National Barbecue Franchise Unveils Trio of Imaginative Limited Time Offer Sandwiches
July 16, 2014 // Franchising.com // Jacksonville, FL – On the heels of the success of its "Double Dog Dare" limited time offer campaign, which showcased a duo of creatively concocted hot dogs, national restaurant franchise – Woody's Bar-B-Q® – has cooked up something even bigger and better for barbecue fans during the summer months. Beginning July 21, participating Woody's Bar-B-Q locations – stretching from the white sands of Florida to the desert sands of Utah – will be serving up a trio of imaginative limited time offer sandwiches that take their cue from the barnyard. Featuring ingredients such as fried chicken tenders, beef brisket or sliced barbecue pork as the main attraction on each sandwich, there is one other ingredient that Woody's Bar-B-Q believes will make these sandwiches "eggsactly" what their patrons want.
According to the company's promotional materials, the three new sandwiches are as follows:
- The "Cluck": Birds of a feather will flock to this sandwich of epic proportions. We start with our tasty fried chicken tenders, topped with a cluck-worthy compilation of our tangy petal sauce, fried onion straws, cheddar cheese, sliced tomato, crisp lettuce and a fried egg, all layered between two slices of our garlic toast. You know you want it – Cock-a-doodle-DO-IT!
- The "Moo": Talk about a sandwich that could start a stampede! We take a quarter pound of our juicy hand-carved beef brisket, topped with layer after layer of tangy petal sauce, fried onion straws, cheddar cheese, sliced tomato, crisp lettuce and a fried egg, all corralled between two slices of our garlic toast. It takes two hands to wrangle this beast!
- The "Grunt": We're not one for putting on airs, but this is one fine swine of a sandwich. We begin with tender slices of our hand-carved, slow-smoked Bar-B-Q Pork, and then top it with our Signature Sweet Sauce, fried onion straws, cheddar cheese, sliced tomato, crisp lettuce and a fried egg, all layered atop a garlic bun. It's okay if you want to pig out on this one daily – we won't judge!
"Research* indicates that nearly 9 out of 10 people purchased a sandwich while dining out over the last two months," explained Tammy Poudrier, Director of Marketing for Woody's Bar-B-Q. "While we are best known for our slow smoked Signature Baby Back Ribs, Texas Beef Brisket, Carolina Pulled Pork and comfort food sides, Woody's has always performed extremely well in the sandwich category. Thanks to the popularity of a number of regular menu items like the Sloppy Woody and Carolina Pulled Pork Sandwich, sandwiches account for about 18% of our sales – second only to entrees like our Signature Smokin' Spare Ribs and Grilled Prime Rib. For this particular limited time offer initiative, we've taken the humble fried egg sandwich and supercharged it with some surprising combinations that we believe will prove a big hit among our fans – both old and new!"
The "Cluck, Moo, and Grunt" Sandwich Collection – served all served with a side and beverage of choice – will only be available at participating Woody's Bar-B-Q locations from July 21 to August 29, 2014. To view Woody's Bar-B-Q menu online and search for the closest location, sandwich lovers and barbecue fans alike are encouraged to visit www.woodys.com.
About Woody's Bar-B-Q®
After opening their first Woody's Bar-B-Q in 1980, partners Woody Mills and Yolanda Mills-Mawman have spent the past three decades setting the "bar" higher for great Southern Bar-B-Q. From the humble beginnings of just one location in Jacksonville, Florida, a shared passion for Bar-B-Q, and a dog-eared collection of recipes, Mills and Mawman have grown the Woody's Bar-B-Q brand to locations reaching from the Deep South where Bar-B-Q is king to the Northeast and Western fronts. Perhaps best known for their legendary melt-in-your-mouth slow-smoked Signature Baby Back Ribs, Woody's has also built quite a following among patrons with their secret recipe Bar-B-Q sauces and meats, as well as their freshly prepared side dishes.
* Source: Technomic Sandwich Consumer Trend Report https://www.technomic.com/Reports_and_Newsletters/Consumer_Trend_Reports/dyn_PubLoad.php?pID=43
SOURCE Woody's Bar-B-Q
Director of Marketing
O: 904-992-0556 ext 30
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances