Snap-on Honored with Seven People's Choice Awards
The Readers of Professional Tool & Equipment News Have Spoken
KENOSHA, Wis. - Nov. 11, 2014 // PRNewswire // - For the first time, Professional Tool & Equipment News (PTEN) allowed its readers to voice their opinions on the top products nominated for PTEN's Innovation Awards. The 2014 PTEN People's Choice Awards feature the top 25 products selected by PTEN readers as the best amongst all of the products nominated by manufacturers for the annual Innovation Awards. Snap-on® products captured seven of the top 25 designations, the most by any company.
The Snap-on award winning products include:
- 14.4V MicroLithium Cordless Ratchets (CTR725 & CTR761) – The first cordless ratchets to match the performance of a pneumatic ratchet with the convenience of being "untethered" to an air hose for increased productivity.
- 18V Lithium Compact Cordless Impact Wrench (CT8810) – With 230 ft.lb. of torque output, the CT8810 provides up to twice as much torque output versus competitive units and features a slender, ergonomic design.
- TechAngle® Electronic Torque Wrench (ATECH2FR100B) – Eliminating the need for angle gauges and protractors, the ATECH2FR100B provides accuracy and gives technicians the quickest way to achieve torque plus angle tightening requirements specified by vehicle manufacturers.
- True Digital Video Borescope (BK6500) – Offering the largest viewing screen on the market and a true digital image, the BK6500 features a touchscreen interface for easy feature selection and dual-imager lenses for straight ahead and 90° angle viewing.
- 14.4V MicroLithium Cordless Drill (CDR761) – The lightweight workhorse gives techs the ability to access tight spaces and features a 14.4V MicroLithium battery, while maintaining the weight of competitive drills with less power.
- Automotive Service Tray (SOSTPC) – The SOSTPC allows technicians to easily access tools precisely where they are needed when working in the engine bay. The support post adjusts up to 48.6" in height to clear the fender or front end on a wide variety of vehicles.
- Heavy Duty Diagnostic Cart (KRSC33APBO) – Designed for productivity, the cart gives heavy duty mechanics the ability to bring their diagnostics tools right to the vehicle being worked on.
"It's a tremendous honor to receive seven of the PTEN 2014 People's Choice Awards in its inaugural year," said Tom Kassouf, president – Snap-on Tools Group. "These awards are especially meaningful to us because they were chosen by the readers of PTEN – the people who use our products every day. These innovative products demonstrate our deep customer connections that enable us to help make work easier for professionals."
A digital survey was sent to all PTEN readers. Participants who responded to the survey selected their top products based on their subjective opinion, own usage and/or description of the tool. All tools submitted for the 2014 PTEN Innovation Awards program were eligible to win, regardless of Innovation Awards category.
About Snap-on Tools
Snap-on Tools is a subsidiary of Snap-on Incorporated, a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hand and power tools, tool storage, diagnostics software, information and management systems, shop equipment and other solutions for vehicle dealerships and repair centers, as well as for customers in industries, including aviation and aerospace, agriculture, construction, government and military, mining, natural resources, power generation and technical education. Snap-on Tools is one of the largest non-food franchise companies in the world, selling its products and services through franchisee, company-direct, distributor and Internet channels. Founded in 1920, Snap-on is a $3.1 billion, S&P 500 company headquartered in Kenosha, Wisconsin. For additional information, visit www.snapon.com.
SOURCE Snap-on Tools