European Wax Center Releases Survey Results Just in Time for the Holidays
Gift Cards Will Be Popular this Holiday Season in the Beauty/Waxing Arena
NEW YORK - November 12, 2014 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - European Wax Center (EWC), in collaboration with SurveyMonkey, recently conducted a survey of over 1,000 U.S. consumers to determine how consumers felt about giving or receiving beauty-related gift cards this holiday season both general and waxing specific.
The survey, which polled women ages 18-44, asked a series of questions to help answer the age- old question of what women really want. In addition to revealing beautiful skin, and just in time for the holidays, EWC is revealing highlights from the survey:
- Over 80% of respondents have purchased gift cards for someone else in the past 12 months.
- 66% reported that they would either "like" or "like it a great deal" when asked about receiving a gift card for waxing services.
- 53% of those polled stated that giving and receiving gift cards are useful gifts.
- Over 50% of those polled believe that a waxing service gift card is appropriate to give/receive as a gift.
- 59% of those polled would feel comfortable receiving a waxing service gift card from a significant other.
- 58% would feel comfortable receiving a waxing service gift card from a friend.
- Over 60% of the people polled are extremely likely to use waxing services in the next 12 months.
"We are extremely enthusiastic about the findings of the survey. We always knew about the allure of gift cards for our guests and now the survey proves our belief," said David Coba, President of European Wax Center. "What better way to show your friends and loved ones how much you care then gifting them with a little beauty and pampering."
Exceptional customer care and the premium quality services performed by knowledgeable wax experts have won EWC wide recognition and the trust of thousands of women and men across the country. European Wax Center prides itself in providing superior waxing services at accessible price points for all, ranging from $10 to $68 per service.
Booking a reservation at your local EWC is easier than ever: visit waxcenter.com.
About the Survey
The 2014 EWC Survey was designed to gauge consumer behavior as it relates to grooming trends, spending and gifting. The survey polled 1,067 consumers and was conducted for EWC by SurveyMonkey, September 22 - 26, 2014.
About European Wax Center
European Wax Center was founded by siblings David Coba, Joshua Coba, and Jessica Coba in 2004, and is now recognized as a leader in comfortable and healthy body waxing, that results in beautiful skin. The Cobas developed the ultimate wax experience that features the all-natural COMFORT WAX™ developed in Europe and the 4 Steps to Gorgeous™ process -- Cleanse, Prepare, Wax, Rejuvenate. As well, EWC features include a pampering and professional environment, full-privacy Wax Suites, and exceptional service exclusively for EWC guests. Now, luxurious waxing can be incorporated into everyone's regular skincare regime. European Wax Center enables everyone to feel pampered, beautiful and sexy. For more information about European Wax Center or to inquire about owning a franchise log onto waxcenter.com or like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/EuropeanWax and follow us on Instagram and Twitter @EuropeanWax.
SOURCE European Wax Center
Michelle Corbin Hillman
Michelle Corbin Hillman