Top 5 Garage Organization Tips from Mr. Handyman
Home Maintenance Experts Offer Advice to Optimize Space
ANN ARBOR, Mich. - March 05, 2015 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - With spring around the corner, it’s time to cut the clutter and focus on making the most of garage space. Mr. Handyman, the nation’s leading home repair and maintenance franchise, offers useful tips for homeowners to optimize garage space:
- Store Seasonal Items – Take advantage of exposed rafters. Lay a piece of plywood across the beams to create a makeshift shelving unit. The extra space can be used to store seasonal items.
- Corral in Containers – Store items like nuts, bolts and nails in small containers. Large plastic containers can be used for messy items such as motor oil, carwash supplies and paint cans. This ensures that all supplies are in one place and won’t leak creating a permanent mess.
- Hang with Hooks – To safely secure rubber coated hooks, pre-drill a starter hole before installation and secure hooks into ceiling beams for added support. No bike to hang? These hooks can also be used to store ladders.
- Utilize Wall Space – A peg board above a work bench is a great storage option for smaller tools such as hammers, levels and paint brushes. For larger items like rakes, shovels and extension cords, a large nail or drywall screw makes an inexpensive alternative.
- Organization Arrangement – A shelf and bin system is ideal for organizing and protecting items. Clear bins or labels allow items to be easily located. If a more permanent solution is desired, consider cabinetry. Cabinets, shelves and drawers are customizable to suit a wide variety of storage configurations.
For all home maintenance repair, improvement and remodeling needs, contact Mr. Handyman. To find a location near you, visit www.mrhandyman.com/local-handyman-service.
About Mr. Handyman
Mr. Handyman is part of a network of independently owned and operated franchises with nearly 200 locations throughout North America, which provide commercial and residential property maintenance, repair and improvement services. Entrepreneur magazine has repeatedly recognized Mr. Handyman as one of America’s fastest growing, service-oriented franchise systems and the No. 1 handyman service. Based in Ann Arbor, Mich., Mr. Handyman is part of a family of service companies under Service Brands International which also includes Molly Maid and ProTect Painters. For more information, visit the Mr. Handyman website at www.mrhandyman.com.
SOURCE Mr. Handyman
Fishman Public Relations