Meineke Shares the Top Five Reasons Oil Changes Save Vehicles
Total Car Care Experts Offer the Most Important Reasons to Routinely Change a Vehicle's Oil
CHARLOTTE, NC - (Marketwired - March 18, 2015) - Engines are made up of many moving parts, and those parts need to be properly lubricated to avoid damage. Oil in the engine provides this vital function. Over time, that oil breaks down and becomes contaminated with dust, dirt and debris from the engine as well as the environment. When that happens, oil can't properly do its job. A recent study by the Car Care Council of the Be Car Care Aware campaign stated that 22% of vehicles have low or dirty engine oil. Proactively changing a vehicles' oil and filter will help the engine continue to work at its best and prevent costly repairs to drivers down the road. Compare the average cost of a years' worth of oil changes ($120) to the cost of not proactively maintaining a vehicle's engine ($4,000)* and the benefit to both wallets and vehicle wellbeing is clear. The total car care experts at Meineke are sharing the top reasons oil and filter changes are so important to a car's wellbeing.
- Maintains engine lubrication. Imagine all the moving parts, pistons, valves, and other engine parts moving at high rates of speed under the hood of a car. These components create heat and will wear down the engine dramatically without proper oil lubrication. Make sure to refer to the owner's manual to see what specific weight and grade of oil the vehicle requires and ensure it is kept at the recommended fill volume.
- Cools engine components. Moving parts that lack proper lubrication create friction, which in turn creates heat. Maintaining clean and sufficient amounts of oil is the perfect solution to prevent too much friction and over-heating of the engine.
- Removes engine wear particles and sludge. Dirt particles are deadly to engines. Over time, dirt can cause corrosion and decrease the life of an engine. Also as time goes on, oil breaks down and turns to "sludge." The name of the game is to keep the engine clean. Routine oil and filter changes help remove particles and sludge and keep engines at peak condition.
- Improves gas mileage. Poor engine lubrication can lead to increased fuel consumption, so make sure there is enough clean oil in the engine. The U.S. Department of Energy says that with routine changes and the right kind of oil, gas mileage can be improved over time by 1-2%. That doesn't sound like much of an improvement, but for the average car, it leads to savings of an entire gallon of gas for a year!
- Promotes vehicle longevity. Plain and simple, routine maintenance makes your vehicle last longer. Buildup from dirty oil robs a vehicle's fuel economy and power, and makes internal components work harder. An engine that works too hard will end up having more problems down the road as well as a shorter life span. According to Kelley Blue Book, car valuation increases at resale time if regular maintenance has been upheld.
Performing oil changes personally can be a hassle, but coupons and specials available at participating Meineke car care centers make it affordable and efficient to have the job done by an experienced, professional technician. Visit www.meineke.com to see available oil change coupons or call 1-800-MEINEKE to connect with local Meineke car care centers to learn about current deals, including a $14.95 oil change after $5 mail-in rebate, available at participating locations until April, 15 2015. Come see how affordable and convenient routine maintenance and repairs at Meineke can be!
*According to AutoMD.com
Meineke Car Care Centers, LLC a division of Driven Brands, Inc., of Charlotte, NC is the leading automotive aftermarket franchisor in the world. Founded in 1972, Meineke has over 900 centers that service approximately 3 million cars a year. Over the years, Meineke has expanded its product offerings to better meet the demands of its customers and a changing marketplace. Meineke continues to be ranked as one of the best franchise opportunities in North America and has recently won top franchise rankings from Forbes, Franchise Times and Entrepreneur Magazine.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances