Ace Hardware Honors Its 2014 Vendors Of The Year At 2015 Spring Convention & Exhibits In Las Vegas
March 20, 2015 // Franchising.com // OAK BROOK, Ill. – Ace Hardware Corp. celebrated seven outstanding vendors for their superior commitment and service to the world’s largest hardware cooperative, its retailers and customers at the 2015 Spring Convention and Exhibits held March 18-20 in Las Vegas. The following Vendor of the Year award winners represent various industries but all share a dedication to providing the best possible service, products and support to Ace Hardware.
- Amerock, a premier supplier of decorative hardware and functional hardware solutions, based in Mooresville, N.C.
- Briggs & Stratton, the Ace Hardware International Vendor of the Year is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment; headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisc.
- Cequent Consumer Products, a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of innovative accessories for the automotive, recreation, and trailering aftermarket, based in Solon, Ohio.
- Charlotte Pipe, the nation's top maker of cast iron and plastic pipe fittings, headquartered in Charlotte, N.C.
- Compass Minerals, a leading provider of essential minerals that provide solutions to nature’s challenges, including salt for winter roadway safety, based in Overland Park, Kan.
- The Valspar Corporation, a global leader in the paint and coatings industry, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn.
In addtion, Sparks, Md., based Apex Tool Group, one of the largest worldwide producers of industrial hand and power tools, tool storage, drill chucks, chain, and electronic soldering products, was recognized as the Ace Hardware Foundation vendor of the year. Since Ace Hardware began fundraising for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMN Hospitals) in 1991, Apex Tool Group has donated more than $1.6 million. It is companies like Apex Tools that have helped the Ace Foundation create programs that enable Ace retailers to positively impact families and children that are cared for at CMN Hospitals.
“Ace Hardware is pleased to recognize these seven outstanding vendors for their commitment to excellence, not only in the disciplined execution of developing and managing the merchandise they provide to Ace, but also for exceeding our rigorous supply chain requrirements,” said Frank Carroll, Vice President of Merchandising, Ace Hardware Corp. “We truly value the passion that Ace’s 2014 Vendors of the Year bring to Ace and commend them for their efforts.”
Ace Hardware Vendor of the Year award recipients achieved the highest levels of service and continue to demonstrate an exceedingly strong understanding of the needs of Ace retailers, their customers and overall company initiatives. Their notable efforts include excellent customer service, unparalleled innovation and inventory management.
About Ace Hardware
For more than 90 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the place with the helpful hardware folks in thousands of neighborhoods across America, providing customers with a more personal kind of helpful. In 2014, Ace ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Improvement Retail Stores, Eight Years in a Row,” according to J.D. Power. With more than 4,800 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries currently operate 17 distribution centers in the U.S. and also have distribution capabilities in Shanghai, China; Panama City, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 60 countries. For more information on Ace, visit www.acehardware.com.
SOURCE Ace Hardware