Taco Bell® Unveils Another Reason to Ditch your Same Old Routine and “Defect” to the Next Generation of Breakfast
The Innovators Behind the Doritos Locos Tacos add the Biscuit Taco to its Breakfast Menu at Participating Restaurants Nationwide; Announces New Crispy Chicken Menu Items Including the Chickstar, Crispy Chicken Grillers and Double Crispy Chicken Quesadilla
March 24, 2015 // Franchising.com // IRVINE, Calif. – It’s been one year since Taco Bell® shook up morning routines and launched its innovative Breakfast menu of Burritos, all-in-one AM Crunchwraps and Cinnabon Delights. Now, the brand is launching the Biscuit Taco on Thursday, March 26, 2015, and encouraging people to escape the same round breakfast sandwich by defecting to the next generation of breakfast at Taco Bell.
Taco Bell listened to fans and friends who shared that biscuits are a breakfast staple. Known to add más flavor to people’s lives, Taco Bell took a warm, fluffy, buttery biscuit, folded it in the shape of a taco and filled it with classic breakfast flavors that people love like sausage, eggs and cheese or Taco Bell’s New premium marinated all-white-meat Crispy Chicken that is breaded in tortilla chips and served with Jalapeno Honey or Country Gravy.
“This year is about making sure we continue to give people the food they crave in a way that’s unique to Taco Bell,” said Brian Niccol, CEO, Taco Bell Corp. “Our Biscuit Taco delivers just that; it will reinvent the fast food breakfast experience by moving away from boring, round sandwiches and inserting bold tastes and flavors. Ultimately, we aim to make the breakfast day-part as famous as our late night.”
The Biscuit Taco will be offered at participating locations for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $2.49 excluding tax, in the following options:
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese (369 calories)
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese (380 calories)
- Crispy Chicken with Country Gravy (388 calories)
- Crispy Chicken with New signature Jalapeno Honey (471 calories)
As always at Taco Bell, customers have the option to customize their orders to their liking, and can do so at their convenience via Taco Bell’s New Mobile Ordering and Payment App.
To support the next generation of breakfast, Taco Bell will be launching a multi-channel marketing campaign empowering people to change their morning routine and “defect” to a New kind of breakfast at Taco Bell. The campaign includes a three minute film produced by Deutsch L.A., as well as a 60 second spot and 15 second customer testimonial spots featuring real Breakfast Defectors that begin airing on Thursday, March 26, 2015.
“When we launched breakfast last year, we wanted to be so disruptive that customers’ heads and cars turned towards our drive-thrus,” said Chris Brandt, Chief Marketing Officer, Taco Bell Corp. “Building on that momentum, we’re now putting a spotlight on today’s mundane daily breakfast routine to inspire defection towards the next generation of breakfast at Taco Bell.”
To watch the full three minute film, visit www.RoutineRepublic.com. Additionally, customers can visit www.BreakfastDefectors.com for a chance to be rewarded for building their Taco Bell breakfast habits.
Taco Bell’s Crispy Chicken
In addition to the New Biscuit Taco at breakfast, Taco Bell will be giving customers bold flavor and bold crunch by offering Crispy Chicken throughout the day and night. The Chickstar™, Crispy Chicken Grillers and Double Crispy Chicken Quesadilla will be available for a limited time at participating locations beginning Thursday, March 26, 2015. People can also customize their orders by substituting or adding the New crispy chicken to their favorite items. Taco Bell’s New premium marinated all-white-meat Crispy Chicken is breaded in tortilla chips and comes with a variety of flavorful sauces. Full product information can be found below.
- New Chickstar™: A warm, soft, flour tortilla filled with New premium marinated all-white-meat crispy chicken, breaded in tortilla chips, and crisped to perfection combined with real cheddar cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes and then wrapped up and grilled for maximum portability. Sauce options include Mango BBQ, Creamy Chipotle or Bacon Ranch. ($3.99 SRP excluding tax, 652-825 calories)
- New Crispy Chicken Grillers: Features New premium marinated all-white-meat crispy chicken, breaded in tortilla chips, crisped to perfection and wrapped up in a warm flour tortilla and grilled so it’s ready to eat on-the-go! Sauce options include Mango BBQ, Creamy Chipotle, Jalapeno Honey and Spicy Ranch. ($1.69 SRP excluding tax, 238-292 calories)
- New Double Crispy Chicken Quesadilla: Features New premium marinated all-white-meat crispy chicken, breaded in tortilla chips, and crisped to perfection combined with a three cheese blend and a creamy jalapeño sauce all folded in a freshly grilled tortilla. ($3.99 SRP excluding tax, 724 calories)
About Taco Bell Corp.
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant. Taco Bell serves made to order and customizable tacos, burritos, and specialties such as the exclusive Doritos® Locos Tacos, gourmet- inspired Cantina Power® Menu and lower calorie Fresco Menu. Taco Bell Breakfast offers portable, classic items such as the A.M. Crunchwrap®, Waffle Taco and signature burritos. The company encourages customers to “Live Más,” both through its food and in ways such as its Feed The Beat® music program and its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation for Teens™. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations have more than 6,000 restaurants across the United States that proudly serve more than 42 million customers every week.
Follow: @TacoBell (Twitter) and tacobell (Instagram)
SOURCE Taco Bell Corp.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business