Manage the Mayhem After Water Damage
The experts at Rainbow International say property owners should take restoration steps within the first 48 hours. This can help prevent extensive, hidden water damage to their home or business.
WACO, Texas (PRWEB) April 09, 2015 - As the saying goes, April showers bring May flowers, but these same showers may also leave behind something else – water damage. Floods are the number one natural disaster in the United States. Plumbing failures are also a common cause of water damage and loss. Property owners must act quickly in the event of flooding of any kind to prevent extensive damages to their home or business.
Water damage can be illusive in nature. After water enters a property, the extent of damage if often difficult to detect. Moisture can seep into areas owners may not consider, such as inside the walls, under baseboards, into windowsill plates, or onto subfloors.
“It’s important to have water damage inspected and treated within the first 48 hours,” said Chad Rhoden, Director of Technical Training at Rainbow International. “Our professionals are trained in the latest technology and procedures, like Rapid Structural Drying, to ensure our customers’ property is dried as quickly as possible to help prevent those hidden damages.”
If a flood disaster occurs on your property, remember the following tips from the service professionals at Rainbow International:
- Remain calm so you can think clearly. Stay tuned to local communications if flooding is weather related.
- In the event of plumbing failure, close the water main or shut off the source of water so the flooding will stop. Call a local plumber to repair the situation.
- Call for help as soon as you can. Keep the Rainbow International phone number handy in case of emergency.
- Shut off the electrical breaker in flooded areas and unplug or move electrical devices away from wet carpet or submerged areas.
- Place aluminum foil pieces under the legs or feet of furniture in contact with wet carpet to help prevent carpet staining.
- Lift up any curtains or draperies that are resting on wet carpet or windowsills.
- Remove papers, books, potted plants, or other items that are sitting on wet carpet or flooring to prevent staining.
Property owners should avoid using a home vacuum, placing newspaper in traffic areas to walk on, and walking on the carpet any more than necessary.
Rainbow International is a global franchise organization providing residential and commercial restoration and cleaning services. They specialize in water, fire, smoke and mold damage cleanup and restoration, as well as reconstruction. Other services offered include tile and grout cleaning, air duct cleaning, carpet cleaning, carpet spot removal and deodorization, biohazard cleanup, and crawl space cleanup.
When flood disaster of any kind strikes, you can rely on the trained service professionals at Rainbow International. After a flood incident, call 1-855-RAINBOW or visit http://www.rainbowintl.com for prompt, response and quality results. Learn more about us in this video: http://youtu.be/ZszPrf1az5A.
SOURCE The Dwyer Group
The Dwyer Group
+1 (254) 537-0609
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances