Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom Expands Menu To Include New Favorites
The Pizza & Beer Authority Offers Customizable Options; Expands Taverns Bites and Taproom Classics
April 21, 2015 // Franchising.com // BROOMFIELD, Colo. - Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom, a national casual dining restaurant known for its delicious, handcrafted pizza and vast craft beer selection, announced today the launch of its new spring menu offering, which includes new favorites for guests to customize across the nation. Additionally, the brand has expanded its selection of Tavern Bites and Taproom Classics including the Craft Your Own Mac N' Cheese and three brand new Craft Burger selections. The new menu is available now at Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom locations nationwide.
"We're excited to give our guests the opportunity to customize our menu options providing them with the chance to learn about pairing new flavors," said Mike Mrlik, President of Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom. "With the expansion of our Tavern Bites and Taproom Classics, Old Chicago's new menu offerings including our new Craft Burgers stand out and appeal to our broad and growing consumer base. "
Old Chicago has expanded its selection of Tavern Bites with new handcrafted favorites, such as Pretzel Bites, Veggies and Dip and Flavored Fries, which are hand-tossed in the guests' choice of seasoning and served with sauces for dipping, including Buffalo, Beer Cheese and Sour Cream with Roasted Garlic and Green Onion.
In order to cater to our bar guests, Old Chicago's Taproom Classics will focus on a taproom twist featuring three new Craft Burgers packed with bold defining flavors. New menu items include:
- Whiskey Bacon Burger – Served on a bed of cream bleu cheese sauce, then topped with pepper bacon, balsamic mushrooms and drizzled with our whiskey sauce.
- Caprese Burger – Topped with fresh mozzarella, diced tomatoes and fresh basil with a balsamic vinaigrette and pesto.
- Crafted Beer Burger – Grilled with a light larger and smothered in caramelized onions and our beer cheese sauce, made with Guinness then topped with crispy onion strings
Since Millennials like the ability to customize their own creations, Old Chicago has developed a new line of gourmet Mac N' Cheese with a Create-Your-Own option. Additional new menu items include:
- Chicken Pesto Mac N' Cheese – Corkscrew macaroni, broccoli, roasted chicken blended with pesto sauce with creamy white cheddar. Topped with aged white cheddar and buttered bread crumbs.
- Cajun Spice Mac N' Cheese – Corkscrew macaroni, Anaheim peppers, roasted red peppers, and Andouille sausage blended with Cajun spices and our white cheddar cheese sauce. Topped with aged white cheddar, buttered bread crumbs and green onions.
- Crispy Bacon Jalapeno Mac N' Cheese – Corkscrew macaroni, jalapeno peppers, peppered bacon blended with our beer cheese sauce. Topped with cheddar, buttered bread crumbs, crispy onions and chopped parsley.
- Craft-Your-Own Mac N' Cheese – Guests interested in customizing their own mouth-watering creation can select a sauce, stir-in spices, add-in protein and veggies, then top off their dish with a variety of garnishes.
Additionally, Old Chicago now offers its variety of pizzas made with Smart Flour's gluten-free crust. Other gluten-free options on the menu include customized craft burgers, sandwiches and fresh salads.
Last month, Old Chicago was recognized at the VIBE Conference as the winner of the VIBE Vista Award in the best beer category for top multi-unit chain restaurants. The Awards recognize the creation, training, execution, management, and on-going positive results of an on-premise national chain company's corporate beverage program.
Since its inception, Old Chicago has been committed to being the best place to share a world-class pizza and great craft beer. Whether coming in for a light lunch, a first date or a sporting championship celebration, guests can always count on gathering around and sharing big smiles, good times, great beer and made-from-scratch food.
A leader in the traditional casual dining space, Old Chicago has been serving handcrafted food and local craft beers in Colorado and in cities across the nation for nearly 40 years. Old Chicago is dedicated to providing quality food creations and to showcasing craft brewers, while providing great value in a welcoming atmosphere.
To learn more about Old Chicago, visit www.oldchicago.com.
About Old Chicago
Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom (Old Chicago) is a traditional, casual dining restaurant specializing in Chicago-style pizzas, taproom classics and craft beer. Founded in 1976, Old Chicago operates in 22 states with 96 restaurants. With over 30 craft beers on tap, Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom is also the home of the World Beer Tour, which rewards members for enjoying 110 of the best craft beers from across the globe. Visit www.oldchicago.com to learn more and to find the restaurant nearest you. For information about franchise opportunities, visit www.ocfranchising.com.
CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries, Inc. is the largest craft brewery restaurant operator in the country with nearly 200 franchised and company-owned restaurants primarily operating under the Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom, Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurants and Rock Bottom Restaurants & Breweries brands. As a leader in the casual dining segment, CraftWorks also operates strong regional brands, including ChopHouse and Big River, and employs more than 12,000 people throughout the U.S. All of CraftWorks' restaurant brands have innovative menus with made-from-scratch food and a vast selection of unique craft beer, as well as unbeatable service and loyalty programs that tout over a half-million active members. Based in Broomfield, Colo., CraftWorks is not only committed to serving its loyal guests, but also the communities in which its restaurants operate. In 2000, the CraftWorks Foundation was formed and has contributed millions of dollars positively impacting communities throughout the country. For additional information about CraftWorks, the foundation and its craft brewery restaurant brands, please visit www.craftworksrestaurants.com.
SOURCE Old Chicago Pizza & Taproom
Fish Consulting, LLC
Office (954) 893-9150
Add to Request List