Exclusive Access: Slurpee® All Access Chill Sweepstakes to Award Music Experiences, Downloads, Festival Tickets, Sound Systems, Guitars
DALLAS - May 7, 2015 // PRNewswire // - For thousands of American music lovers, 7-Eleven® stores' iconic Slurpee® drink could be the ticket to top concerts, exclusive trips to music festivals across the country, music downloads and once-in-a-lifetime music experiences including a meet-and-greet with pop star Austin Mahone.
"7-Eleven is launching Slurpee All Access Chill, and I'm excited for my fans to have the opportunity to experience some cool music prizes and a chance to hang out with me!" said Austin. The Slurpee All Access Chill sweepstakes is live and runs through July 18.
During the sweepstakes, every Slurpee drink purchase and scan of the 7-Eleven app member's barcode is an entry to win access to the more than 17,000 prizes, some of which offer exclusive Slurpee All Access Chill music-related experiences like:
- A Meet-and-Greet with Austin Mahone – With 13 million Facebook likes, 5.5 million Instagram fans, 8 million Twitter followers, more than 550 million views combined on YouTube and Vevo, pop star Austin Mahone has no shortage of Mahomies, as his fans are called. For some lucky Slurpee All Access Chill winners, backstage access to Mahone with an up close and personal meet-and-greet is a true once-in-a-lifetime experience. Includes photo with artist, round-trip airfare, hotel, transportation, concert tickets and $250 spending and travel coordinator.
- Exclusive VIP trips to one of five top music festivals – including round-trip airfare, hotel, transportation, $1,000 spending cash and travel coordinator (may also include backstage passes and behind-the-scenes tours). Special Slurpee trucks will be at each festival, staffed to dispense free Slurpee drinks and giving away even more exclusive prizes.
- Rock in Rio in Las Vegas, May 14-17
- Sasquatch in George, Wash., May 21-26
- Governors Ball in New York City, June 4-8
- Firefly in Dover, Del., June 17-22
- Electric Forest, Grand Rapids, Mich., June 24-29
- Experience a music recording session firsthand – Thanks to Slurpee All Access Chill, a lucky fan can attend a recording session in Los Angeles with a famous producer at a world-renowned recording studio and visit the Grammy museum: includes round-trip airfare, hotel, transportation, $1,000 spending cash and travel coordinator.
- Experience a "festival makeover" with top stylist – Have a makeover with aHollywood stylist to create a personal festival look with a new outfit, hair and makeup session, and photo shoot: includes round-trip airfare, hotel, transportation, $1,000 spending cash and travel coordinator.
- Experience an album cover-style photo shoot -- Only through Slurpee All Access Chill can a winner spend a day with stylist to select the perfect outfit and have a hair and makeup session before an "album-cover" style photo shoot with a world-renowned rock 'n' roll photographer: includes round-trip airfare, hotel, transportation, $1,000 spending cash and travel coordinator.
But wait, that's not all. The Slurpee All Access Chill sweepstakes offers thousands more prizes like:
- Sonos Play:5 sound systems
- Beats by Dre™ headphones
- Fender guitars
- Ticket vouchers for the summer's hottest music events
- 3-month subscriptions to Spotify
- iTunes gift cards
- Music downloads
- Slurpee swag like exclusive All Access Chill T-shirts and sneakers
The featured Slurpee flavor is also exclusive to 7-Eleven stores – Mtn Dew® Solar Flare™. The bright red-orange drink has the bold citrus flavor of Mountain Dew® with a blast of tropical punch. Mtn Dew Solar Flare was introduced last summer as an exclusive – and very popular – Big Gulp® flavor, and is making its debut in Slurpee-form this year. And Lemonade Slurpee flavor is back by popular demand.
"We are getting into the full swing of Slurpee season as we head into summer," said Laura Gordon, 7-Eleven vice president of marketing and brand innovation. "Summer is all about having fun, hanging out with friends and making memories. And, music is a big part of that. With All Access Chill, we hope to bring Slurpee and music together; and for a lot of lucky winners, create special memories that will last a lifetime."
Music festivals continue to grow in popularity, especially among millennials, according to a number of brand and marketing experts. One in five millennials attended festivals in the past 12 months, and their attendance jumped 28 percent between 2013 and 2014. Besides music, festivals influence fashion, technology, social conversations and pop culture.
"We believe music is a way to connect with this age group on an emotional level. To be relevant, we have to be part of our customers' lives to give them more reasons to love our Slurpee brand and create experiences they can share with their friends," Gordon said. "Our 7Rewards loyalty program through the 7Eleven app makes it easy for them to get more of what they love."
To enter the Slurpee All Access Chill sweepstakes, customers should register with 7-Eleven's mobile app, which creates a unique bar code for each user. Every time any size Slurpee drink is purchased at a 7-Eleven location, the store employee will scan the Slurpee cup and member's bar code, automatically entering them in the sweepstakes and a chance to win music, experiences and other prizes.
Winners will be randomly chosen from the scanned barcodes and alerted via the email they provide when they register. Prizes will be awarded each day and must be claimed within 72 hours of notification. Participation is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States who are 13 years and older as of date of entry.
Each Slurpee purchase also counts as a punch on 7Rewards and the ongoing Buy 6 Cups-Get the 7th Cup Free offer on the 7-Eleven app. The app is available for download in the App Store and Google Play.
About 7-Eleven, Inc.
7-Eleven, Inc. is the premier name and largest chain in the convenience retailing industry. Based in Dallas, Texas, 7-Eleven operates, franchises or licenses nearly 10,500 7-Eleven® stores in North America. Globally, there are more than 55,800 7-Eleven stores in 16 countries. During 2013, 7-Eleven stores generated total worldwide sales close to $84.5 billion. 7-Eleven has been honored by a number of companies and organizations recently. Accolades include: #2 on Franchise Times Top 200 Franchise Companies for 2013, #1 on Entrepreneur magazine's 2014 Top Global Franchise list, #10 spot on Entrepreneur magazine's Franchise 500 list for 2015 and #3 in Forbes magazine's Top 20 Franchises to Start. 7-Eleven is # 3 on Fast Company magazine's 2013 list of the "World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Retail." 7-Eleven places among Top Veteran-Friendly Companies for 2014 by U.S. Veterans Magazine and is among GI Jobs magazine's Top 100 Military Friendly Employers for 2014. Hispanic Magazine named 7-Eleven among its Hispanic Corporate Top 100 Companies that provide the most opportunities to Hispanics. 7-Eleven is franchising its stores in the U.S. and expanding through organic growth, acquisitions and its Business Conversion Program. Find out more online at www.7-Eleven.com.
SOURCE 7-Eleven, Inc.