World of Beer Invites Beer Enthusiasts to Take #WOBTrips This Summer
Taverns Will Provide Guests With Exclusive Beers and Prizes From Some of America’s Best Craft Breweries
May 19, 2015 // Franchising.com // Tampa, FL - Summer is the ultimate season to gather with friends and embark on unique experiences - whether it’s drinking in the sights at your favorite brewery, enhancing your festival experience with some local suds or partaking in an early happy hour on a patio.
This summer, World of Beer (WOB) is encouraging everyone to take a beer trip, or as WOB likes to call it: a WOBTrip, which is any experience where friends come together to drink, share, discover and, most importantly, enjoy beer culture and craft beer.
Beginning June 1 through Aug. 31, WOB will be partnering with select breweries to cultivate one-of-a-kind experiences for guests including: exclusive beer offerings, in-tavern events and social sweeps that will send lucky recipients on their very own WOBTrips.
WOB is giving guests the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime beer experiences all summer long. Each month, WOB will be sending lucky winners on WOBtrips to three of America’s best craft breweries and will finish off the summer by giving away an epic grand prize of a cross-country brewery trip. All guests have to do is share their beer adventures, using the hashtag #WOBTRIP on Twitter and Instagram to be entered for a chance to win these prizes:
- June’s prize is a trip to Anchor Brewing in San Francisco, where guests will get a behind-the-scenes, VIP tour and beer tasting led by a brewer.
- For the July drawing, the winners will receive a trip to tour the facilities at the new Breckenridge Brewery in Littleton, Colorado, and attend the Great American Beer Festival.
- August’s winner gets a trip to Dogfish Head, where they’ll taste beers in the totally-off-limits Steampunk Tree House and enjoy a stay at the Dogfish Inn.
- At the end of the summer, one grand-prize winner will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to visit each brewery that is providing an exclusive summer 2015 seasonal offering for World of Beer- Anchor Brewing Company, Breckenridge Brewery and Dogfish Head Brewery.
- WOB will also be giving away swag each month for unique content shared with #WOBTrip that best illustrates the essence of a WOBTrip.
World of Beer’s 2015 summer brewery lineup and seasonal varieties are:
- June - Anchor Brewing Company: California Uncommon Kölsch-Style Ale Brewed with Meyer Lemons
- First, it’s a WOBTrip to the West Coast and America’s first craft brewery, Anchor Brewing. California Uncommon is made with pale barley malt, Pilsen malt, a touch of white wheat, cluster hops, a new, experimental hop, Kölsch ale yeast and Meyer lemons. This Kölsch-style ale with a twist was brewed exclusively for World of Beer and can be found on draught at WOB taverns nationwide for the entire month of June. The official tapping of this limited-release beer hits WOB taverns June 5.
- July - Breckenridge Brewery: Farmhouse Ale
- Next, WOB is headed to the Rockies to celebrate Breckenridge’s 25th anniversary and its new brewery location in Littleton, Colorado. This classic Farmhouse Ale, brewed for the anniversary, will come with a twist this summer: The ale is brewed with grapefruit peel and red Hawaiian sea salt for a refreshing, smooth flavor. Guests can taste this rare, limited-edition beer at the brewery itself or on draught at select WOB locations starting July 10.
- August - Dogfish Head Brewery: Choc Lobster and 120 Minute IPA
- Finally, WOB rounds out the summer with a WOBTrip to the East Coast to visit Dogfish Head. WOB is getting the award-winning Choc Lobster, a porter that is brewed with fresh lobsters and dark cocoa powder. Inspired by an oyster stout, Dogfish Head created this “new generation of crustacean beer,” and this is the first time it has been released for retail outside of the brewery. Dogfish Head is also sending some 120 Minute IPA for the hopheads. These rare varieties are hard to find in bottles and even harder to find on draught. WOB makes it easy for guests to experience these revered beers, and WOB will feature both on draught in the majority of its taverns starting Aug. 7.
Celebrating the popularity of craft beer and its culture, WOB taverns feature 500 bottled beers, with more than 50 varieties on tap - rotating daily for guests to discover new beer experiences. WOB pairs its craft brews with the franchise’s signature “Tavern Fare” menu, featuring a variety of comfort foods and traditional bar offerings with a contemporary spin, such as Giant Bavarian Pretzels made from an authentic German recipe, a Guinness “Brat” Slider on a pretzel bun and the Chimay Burger, topped with melted Chimay cheese made at the brewery in Belgium.
Since opening its first tavern in Tampa, Florida, in 2007, WOB has grown to more than 70 locations nationwide. Dedicated to enhancing the camaraderie in the craft beer community, WOB educates beer drinkers through its loyalty club. Helping guests discover new beer styles, flavors and brands, the loyalty program is available on iPhone and Android smartphones through the free WOB app.
For more information about this summer’s WOBTrip or World of Beer, please visit www.WorldofBeer.com.
About World of Beer Franchising
World of Beer (WOB) is an uncommon establishment where the experience is as essential as the product. Centered on a diverse selection of local and global craft beers, delicious “tavern fare” and live music, WOB offers the best craft variety on the planet to the beer aficionado and casual beer fan alike. Taverns are currently open in 20 states including AL, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, LA, MD, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA and WI and will be opening soon in IN, KY, MA, MN, OK and PA. Please visit www.WorldofBeer.com.
SOURCE World of Beer Franchising