Hilton Worldwide Announces Five New Curio – A Collection by Hilton Signings
Nearly 40 Properties Open or in Various Stages of Development in Global Collection in its First 12 Months
MCLEAN, Va. – June 2, 2015 – Hilton Worldwide (NYSE: HLT) today announced the addition of five new property signings to the development pipeline of Curio – A Collection by Hilton. They will join the eight hotels that have opened as part of the collection since it launched at the NYU International Hospitality Industry Investment Conference just one year ago on June 2, 2014.
The five additions to the Curio collection pipeline include:
- The Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton
- The Hoodoo Moab, Curio Collection by Hilton
- The Partridge Inn Augusta, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Redmont Hotel Birmingham, Curio Collection by Hilton
“With nearly 40 properties and 11,000 rooms either open or in various stages of development, Curio – A Collection by Hilton has quickly become one of the industry’s top performing hotel collections,” said Bill Fortier, senior vice president, development – Americas, Hilton Worldwide. “We’re beyond thrilled to welcome these remarkable hotels to the Hilton Worldwide portfolio, allowing each property to maintain its independence while still backed by the strength of the Hilton engine.”
These signings follow news of recent openings of The Sam Houston, Curio Collection by Hilton on June 1, 2015 and Juniper Hotel Cupertino, Curio Collection by Hilton on June 2, 2015 which brought the number of properties currently operating in the collection to eight, including:
- The Highland Dallas, Curio Collection by Hilton (Dallas, TX) (August 13, 2014)
- SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, Curio Collection by Hilton (Las Vegas, NV) (September 4, 2014)
- Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton (Hollywood, FL) (October 30, 2014)
- The Franklin Hotel Chapel Hill, Curio Collection by Hilton (Chapel Hill, NC) (December 2, 2014)
- Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton (Providence, RI) (December 16, 2014)
- Boulders Resort & Spa, Curio Collection by Hilton (Scottsdale, AZ) (April 27, 2015)
- The Sam Houston Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton (Houston, TX) (June 1, 2015)
- Juniper Hotel Cupertino, Curio Collection by Hilton (Cupertino, CA) (June 2, 2015)
The five latest properties add to an already-strong global pipeline including: Hotel Astor Paris; Mall of Qatar; Jewel Beach Resort & Spa Paradise Cove Runaway Bay; Reichshof Hamburg; Jewel Beach Resort & Spa Dunn's River Ocho Rios; Hotel Alex Johnson Rapid City; LondonHouse Chicago; Rumeli Han Istanbul; The Porter Portland and The Statler Dallas.
“When we launched Curio – A Collection by Hilton one year ago today, we knew we had something special, a collection defined by hotels that cater to travelers with a passion for discovery and a taste for the authentic flavor of communities,” said Dianna Vaughan, global head, Curio – A Collection by Hilton. “From Texas to Turkey and Philadelphia to Paris, Curio has today grown into an eclectic group of hotels defined by its deep local experiences on a global scale.”
Additional Details for Newly-Announced Curio Hotels
- The Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton has been making history since the original hotel - The Pantlind - opened in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 1916, featuring one of the world’s largest gold-leaf ceilings. Today, the property remains an integral part of downtown Grand Rapids and welcomes guests from all over the world to enjoy its classic and historic charm with newly renovated Glass Tower guest rooms, award-winning restaurants such as Cygnus27 and Ruth’s Chris Steak House as well as 47,000 sq. ft. of meeting space.
- The 50-guestroom Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton was converted from a portion of a historic mansion in 1906 and is situated in the heart of one Buenos Aires’ historic neighborhoods, San Telmo. The hotel’s focus on exemplary design, combined with its upscale restaurant and bar concepts, makes it a popular tourist destination.
- The Hoodoo Moab, Curio Collection by Hilton will offer an upscale lodging option to travelers to Western Utah. With 117-guestrooms, the new-build hotel will be located in a beautiful desert community surrounded by large sandstone monoliths that feature balanced stones, known as hoodoos.
- In the heart of the historic Summerville district, The Partridge Inn Augusta, Curio Collection by Hilton has played an important role in the community as host to events, family reunions and weddings in Augusta, Georgia since 1892. Today, it is a host hotel to one of America’s most watched and loved golf tournaments.
- Named after Red Mountain, a local adventure hotspot known for its hiking trails and zip lining, Redmont Hotel Birmingham, Curio Collection by Hilton exemplifies the mission of Curio to intrigue travelers with hotels ingrained in the spirit and culture of their local communities. The downtown landmark, built in 1925, is the oldest continuously operating hotel in the city of Birmingham, Alabama.
As members of the Hilton Worldwide portfolio, Curio hotels offer guests the benefits of Hilton HHonors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program serving more than 45 million members. Hilton HHonors offers more ways to redeem points than any other guest-loyalty program and is the only hotel rewards program that offers Points & Miles® and No Blackout Dates.
More information about Curio – A Collection by Hilton can be found at curiocollection.com. Media can access high resolution images and more information by visiting news.curiocollection.com/.
About Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Curio – A Collection by Hilton (curiocollection.com) is a global collection of distinctive hotels that are woven into the fabric of their destinations. While each one is unique, they are united in their individuality. Curio guests are passionate travelers seeking local discovery and authentic experiences, while resting easier knowing the Hilton name is behind every stay. Curio joins a portfolio of market-leading brands from Hilton Worldwide, a leading global hospitality company. Access the latest news at Curio.com or inquire about development opportunities at hiltonworldwide.com/development.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxury and full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and focused-service hotels. For 95 years, Hilton Worldwide has been dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences. The company's portfolio of twelve world-class global brands is comprised of more than 4,350 managed, franchised, owned and leased hotels and timeshare properties, with more than 720,000 rooms in 94 countries and territories, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors®. Visit news.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton Worldwide at facebook.com/hiltonworldwide, twitter.com/hiltonworldwide, youtube.com/hiltonworldwide, flickr.com/hiltonworldwide, and linkedin.com/company/hilton-worldwide.
SOURCE Hilton Worldwide
+1 901 374 6462
For Hilton Worldwide
+1 212 715 1600