New DQ Grill & Chill® Restaurant Opens in Boaz
New restaurant serves up Dairy Queen® iconic soft-serve treats, flavorful foods and the new DQ Bakes!™ menu.
May 18, 2015 - Boaz, Ala. – The Dairy Queen® system is pleased to announce the opening of the Boaz DQ Grill & Chill® restaurant located at 1905 U.S. Highway 431. This location is the newest Dairy Queen restaurant in a family of more than 6,400 restaurants world-wide committed to offering every fan a place where they can relax and share a great meal and one of a kind soft-serve treats.
The 2,600 square-foot DQ Grill & Chill restaurant can seat 72 guests and also offers a convenient drive-thru window. The Boaz DQ Grill & Chill restaurant has added more than 50 new jobs, contributing to Boaz’s employment growth. The new restaurant also will contribute to the state’s restaurant sales which, according to the National Restaurant Association, are projected to increase by 3.6 percent this year.
“We are excited to open a DQ Grill & Chill restaurant in Boaz and welcome the community in to enjoy our full menu of cravable food items, signature and innovative treats, our new DQ Bakes! menu and Orange Julius® Premium Fruit Smoothies and Julius® Original drinks,” said restaurant operator Missba Momin.
The menu at the Boaz DQ Grill & Chill restaurant features a range of food options for fans including the DQ system’s value meal, $5 Buck Lunch, which is available daily from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at this location. Fans have a choice of two Crispy Chicken Wraps, a Bacon Cheeseburger or a 3-piece Chicken Strip Lunch, which are all served with fries, a beverage and choice of a sundae. For just $1 more, fans also will have the option to upgrade their small sundae to a small Blizzard® Treat.
The Boaz DQ Grill & Chill restaurant also serves the new DQ Bakes! menu, which includes nine hot-from-the-oven and made-to-order items that will surprise and delight fans, such as Hot Desserts à la Mode, Artisan-Style Sandwiches and Snack Melts.
Desserts à la Mode are:
- Triple Chocolate Brownie: A warm, chewy, rich chocolate brownie topped with Cocoa Fudge and choco chunks, served hot from the oven with cold, creamy DQ vanilla soft serve;
- Apple Tart: A flaky dessert crust topped with apples, oatmeal crumble, and drizzled with caramel, served hot from the oven with cold, creamy DQ vanilla soft serve;
- Fudge Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie: A warm, decadent chocolate chip cookie with a gooey fudge center, served hot from the oven with cold, creamy DQ vanilla soft serve and Cocoa Fudge.
The Artisan-Style Sandwiches served hot and made to order are:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch: Seasoned grilled chicken, Swiss cheese and hickory smoked bacon, topped with creamy ranch, thick-cut tomato and crisp chopped lettuce served hot from the oven on an artisan-style ciabatta roll;
- Chicken Mozzarella: Signature crispy chicken strips, mozzarella cheese and rich marinara sauce, served hot from the oven on an artisan-style basil cheese focaccia roll;
- Turkey BLT: Deli-style turkey, Swiss cheese and hickory smoked bacon topped with mayo, thick cut tomato and crisp chopped lettuce served hot from the oven on an artisan-style ciabatta roll.
Snack Melts, hot, snack-sized wraps that are toasted to perfection, are:
- Buffalo Chicken: Filled with grilled chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and melted cheddar cheese;
- Bacon BBQ Chicken: Filled with grilled chicken, BBQ sauce, bacon and melted cheddar cheese;
- Chicken Quesadilla: Filled with grilled chicken, tomatoes, onions, black olives and melted cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
Fans will find all of their favorite treats and beverages, such as the iconic Blizzard Treats, DQ Cakes, a wide variety of other soft-serve items and the full line of Orange Julius fruit-blended beverages. All Orange Julius Premium Fruit Smoothies and Julius Original drinks are available in eight flavors including Orange, Strawberry, Strawberry Banana, Tripleberry®, Mango Pineapple, Berry Pomegranate, OrangeBerry and Piña Colada. The Orange Julius Premium Fruit Smoothies are fresh-blended to order with real fruit and low-fat yogurt.
For more information about the Dairy Queen system, visit DairyQueen.com. Connect with the DQ system on Twitter using #LOVEmyDQ and follow the system at twitter.com/dairyqueen. Visit the DQ Facebook fan page, which has more than 9.7 million fans, and become a fan at facebook.com/dairyqueen.
Boaz DQ Grill & Chill restaurant at a glance:
Address: 1905 US Highway 431, Boaz, AL
Employees: 50 plus on a continuous basis
Square Footage: 2,600 square feet
Number of Seats: 72
Hours of Operation:
The new restaurant serves lunch and dinner daily:
Sunday through Thursday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday through Saturday: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
American Dairy Queen Corporation (ADQ), which is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., develops, licenses and services a system of more than 6,400 Dairy Queen® stores in the United States, Canada and 25 other countries. ADQ is part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. For more information, visit DairyQueen.com.
SOURCE American Dairy Queen Corporation (ADQ)