Molly Maid Encourages Kids to Play with Food
Leading Residential Cleaning Company Shares 5 Foods Children Can Use to Clean
ANN ARBOR, Mich. - August 11, 2015 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - It often seems impossible to find ways to get kids involved with cleaning. They love to play with food and make messes, but are rarely excited to clean it up. Molly Maid, the experts in residential cleaning, shares five cleaning tips below that allow little ones to have fun with food and clean up at the same time.
- Mayo Miracle: Use leftover mayonnaise from lunch to remove marks and water rings on wooden surfaces. Dab a quarter-size amount of mayo on a towel and scrub the surface. Within seconds, the stains will disappear.
- Rust Remover: After the neighborhood lemonade sale, have your kids use the leftover lemon (or orange) drink mixture to clean off rust from metal appliances. Rub the mixture on the surface, and the citric acid from the drink powder will eat away the rust.
- Cucumber Eraser: Save half a cucumber from lunch or dinner and show kids how to use the outside of the peel to remove scuffs on tables and walls around the house.
- Soda Pop Cleaner: Use leftover Coca-Cola from last week’s birthday party to clean your toilet bowl. Let the soda sit in the toilet for 1-2 hours and flush clean.
- Polish Properly: Let kids use a dollop of ketchup on a cloth or towel to polish silverware, as well as copper and brass appliances.
For all your house cleaning needs, contact Molly Maid. To find the location nearest you, visit www.mollymaid.com/local-house-cleaning.aspx.
About Molly Maid®
Molly Maid® is a residential cleaning franchise that cleans more than 1.7 million homes annually. Founded in 1979 and franchising since 1984, Molly Maid established the Ms. Molly Foundation to raise awareness and support for victims of domestic violence in 1996. Currently, more than 450 Molly Maid units are operating in the United States alone, with an additional 200 operating throughout Puerto Rico, Canada, Japan, England and Portugal. Molly Maid has consistently ranked high in Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500 listing and has been the recipient of numerous awards for entrepreneurialism, software innovation and humanitarian causes. Based in Ann Arbor, Mich., Molly Maid is part of Dwyer Group, Inc., a holding company of 11 service-based franchise businesses operating under the following service marks: Aire Serv®, Glass Doctor®, The Grounds Guys®, Five Star Painting®, Mr. Appliance®, Mr. Electric®, Mr. Handyman®, Mr. Rooter® (Drain Doctor® in the UK and Portugal), ProTect Painters®, and Rainbow International®. Additional information can be found on the Molly Maid website at www.mollymaid.com. For franchise information, visit www.leadingtheserviceindustry.com.
SOURCE Molly Maid®