ServiceMaster Makes it a "Lovely Day" for Communities Nationwide
"We Serve Day" Celebrates Legacy of Service in Communities Across the U.S.
MEMPHIS, TN - (Marketwired - August 19, 2015) - ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV), a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services, will send a sea of blue across 10 U.S. cities this Friday, August 21. As part of the company's annual We Serve Day, employees will participate in volunteer efforts from Miami to Phoenix, all with a goal of giving back to the communities in which they live and work.
"Service is the heart of our business -- to our customers and the communities we serve," said Rob Gillette, ServiceMaster's chief executive officer. "It's all about giving back to organizations that help strengthen the communities where we live and work. And what better way to celebrate our legacy than by giving back through projects that make a difference to our community partners and to those they help."
From care packages to food sorting, from lunch preparation to wish granting for children with a life-threatening medical condition -- ServiceMaster employees plan to make an impact across the country with more than two dozen projects.
Volunteer efforts include projects to support:
- Memphis: DeNeuville Learning Center, FedEx Family House, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis, Junior Achievement of the Mid-South, Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, Memphis Child Advocacy Center, Mid-South Food Bank, National Civil Rights Museum, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, The Orpheum, Youth Villages and Make-A-Wish of the Mid-South
- Atlanta: Atlanta Children's Shelter
- Carroll, Iowa: New Opportunities, St. Anthony Nursing Home and Carroll Health Center
- Dallas: Habitat for Humanity and North Texas Food Bank
- Bridgeport, Conn.: Cardinal Shehan Center
- La Grange, Ga.: Casa Foster Parents, Harmony House, Literary Volunteers, Madiee Smith Boys & Girls Club, Twin Fountain West Georgia Hospice
- Madison, Wis.: Ronald McDonald House
- Miami: His House Children's Home
- Phoenix: Refugee Focus
- Tampa: Habitat for Humanity of Hillsborough County Florida and A Kids Place
"I think many of our volunteers agree: This is the best day of the year," said Velvet Graham, senior director of events and community relations. "While our business is to serve residential and commercial customers year-round, it always feels good to take time away and go the extra mile for the communities we love."
For more information on the ServiceMaster We Serve Day and to keep up with events in real-time, follow the company on Facebook at facebook.com/ServiceMaster and Twitter at twitter.com/ServiceMaster.
ServiceMaster Global Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SERV) is a leading provider of essential residential and commercial services, operating through an extensive service network of more than 8,000 company-owned, franchised and licensed locations. The company's portfolio of well-recognized brands includes American Home Shield (home warranties), AmeriSpec (home inspections), Furniture Medic (furniture repair), Merry Maids (residential cleaning), ServiceMaster Clean (janitorial), ServiceMaster Restore (disaster restoration) and Terminix (termite and pest control). We serve residential and commercial customers through an employee base of approximately 13,000 company associates and a franchise network that independently employs an estimated 33,000 additional people. The company is headquartered in Memphis, Tenn. Go to www.servicemaster.com for more information about ServiceMaster or follow the company at twitter.com/ServiceMaster or facebook.com/ServiceMaster.