First Watch Increases Support Of No Kid Hungry Initiative With Fall Menu Launch
Daytime Café will donate a portion of all Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast sales to the Share Our Strength campaign.
September 01, 2015 // Franchising.com // BRADENTON, Fla. – First Watch, the nation’s leading breakfast, brunch and lunch concept, announced that in conjunction with today’s seasonal menu launch, the award-winning eatery will be donating 10 cents to Share Our Strength’s Dine Out for No Kid Hungry Campaign for every Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast sold during September. The company’s Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast has proven to be its most popular and highly anticipated Fall seasonal menu item.
Throughout the year, First Watch donates 25 cents from every kid’s meal sold to the No Kid Hungry campaign, which has raised more than $28 million to help end childhood hunger in the U.S. since its 2008 launch, according to Share Our Strength. This is First Watch’s eighth consecutive year of support.
“First Watch is so honored to be part of a nationwide network of restaurants that comes together every year to work toward ending childhood hunger right here at home,” said Chris Tomasso, chief marketing officer for First Watch. “This business isn’t just about being able to serve our customers breakfast, brunch and lunch every day – it’s a community that works hard and is dedicated to helping feed the 1 in 5 kids in the U.S. who struggle with hunger every day.”
First Watch’s limited-time Fall menu brings back two customer favorites while introducing two innovative dishes. Customers can find the following seasonal offerings in addition to the traditional breakfast, brunch and lunch favorites at their local First Watch for a limited time:
- Chicken Avocado Chop Salad – Chopped romaine and arugula, all-natural chicken breast, avocado, tomatoes, corn, black beans, Feta cheese and crispy tortilla chips with a citrus chipotle dressing.
- Harvest Egg in a Hole – Our sourdough bread grilled with two freshly cracked fried eggs in the center topped with Hollandaise, tomatoes and fresh herbs. Served with garlicky kale sautéed with bacon, onions and roasted Crimini mushrooms.
- Pumpkin Pancake Breakfast – Two fresh eggs cooked any style plus one of our signature spiced Pumpkin Pancakes and Aidells grilled all-natural Chicken & Apple Sausage.
- Butternut Squash Bisque – Rich and creamy butternut squash soup sweetened with carrot and a touch of nutmeg. Garnished with sour cream and fresh herbs. (vegetarian)
With the introduction of its new Fall menu, First Watch has also expanded its Fresh Juice Bar, bringing a refreshing new Fall drink to the table:
- Surprise & Shine – Watermelon, English cucumber, lime, carrot and beet.
The 2015 Fall offerings will be available until Sunday, November 8.
First Watch serves its entire menu seven days a week until 2:30 p.m. The restaurant also offers customers complimentary newspapers and free Wi-Fi Internet access.
About First Watch
First Watch specializes in award-winning, made-to-order Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch. A recipient of more than 200 “Best Breakfast” and “Best Brunch” accolades, First Watch offers traditional favorites, such as omelets, pancakes, sandwiches and salads, and unique specialty items like Quinoa Power Bowls and the Chickichanga. First Watch was named a 2015 Top Consumer Pick by Nation’s Restaurant News and has received other recognition including being named a 2013 “Next 20” Emerging Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News and a 2014 Top Franchise Value by FSR Magazine. First Watch is the largest and fastest-growing daytime-only restaurant concept in the U.S. with more than 260 restaurants in 26 states, including more than 130 First Watch restaurants, 116 The Egg & I Restaurants, 20 The Good Egg restaurants and one Bread & Company restaurant in Nashville (with another one under construction). For more information, visit firstwatch.com.
SOURCE First Watch