Interstate All Battery Center Offers Tips for National Preparedness Month
Partnership with American Red Cross Delivers Emergency Preparedness
September 04, 2015 // Franchising.com // DALLAS, Texas - No one knows dependability like Interstate Batteries. As a portable power solutions company, Interstate has been in the business of starting cars and powering everything imaginable around the home and office for more than six decades. Now, through an exciting new partnership, Interstate All Battery Center, the local neighborhood retail connection, strives to make sure consumers are safe and secure with tips this month during National Preparedness Month.
Interstate All Battery Center has partnered with the American Red Cross to be a committed member of the organization’s Disaster Responder team. Interstate’s support helps enable the Red Cross staff to deploy and respond to a disaster quickly in communities across America.
“Our products, brand and values align perfectly with those of the American Red Cross,” said Walt Holmes, president and general manager of Interstate All Battery Center. “This partnership provides another opportunity for Interstate All Battery Center to contribute to and support the communities in which we serve.”
Interstate All Battery Center encourages everyone to be ready for the next emergency by following these preparedness guidelines during September’s National Preparedness Month:
- Family Communications Plan: Make sure each family member has contact information for the others as well as what the plans are for the care of pets, how to safely shut off utilities and what the family meeting and evacuating strategy will be if needed.
- Emergency Kit: In the event of loss of electricity, gas, phones and sewage treatment, be sure to prepare an emergency kit to last at least three days. The kit should include fresh water, dried and canned food and emergency supplies such as flashlights, batteries, first-aid supplies, prescription medicines and a digital thermometer.
- Support Disaster Efforts: Get involved in community disaster preparedness activities and programs. Each city has emergency planning groups and emergency management agencies that can use your help or refer to an organization that does.
- Keep Your Pets Safe: Pets should have their own emergency kit, with a three-day supply of food and water, bowls, cat litter and litter box, current photos and ID tags, medications, medical records, a first aid kit as well as an extra leash, harness and carriers with towel or blanket for transport.
“Providing emergency preparedness tips for our community as well as battery support to the American Red Cross Disaster Responder program is a perfect illustration of one of Interstate’s stated values – servant’s heart,” Holmes said. “We want to lead with what people need, especially in times of emergencies.”
Interstate All Battery Center joins the American Red Cross in promoting emergency preparedness year-round through special store promotions, social media, and working with local American Red Cross chapters to fulfill alkaline battery needs during an emergency. Additionally, from September through December 2015, a portion of sales of every 24-count AA and AAA alkaline battery packs at Interstate All Battery Center locations goes to the American Red Cross Disaster Responder program.
About Interstate Batteries
Interstate Batteries delivers Outrageously Dependable® portable power solutions. The Dallas-based company distributes automotive batteries, franchises and operates retail battery stores, recycles batteries, and provides motive and critical power products. Interstate sells products throughout North America, Australia, the Caribbean and Latin America. Interstate employs more than 1,700 team members throughout North America. For more information, visit interstatebatteries.com.
SOURCE Interstate Batteries
Tucker & Associates
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances