Hyatt Ranked as One of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work®
For the second consecutive year, Hyatt named a top multinational workplace following Great Place to Work recognitions in six countries around the world.
CHICAGO - October 13, 2015 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that Hyatt has been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work®. The annual list honors 25 companies that have been recognized by their employees as an organization that fosters creativity, trust and camaraderie.
This year marks Hyatt’s second appearance on the list, following Great Place to Work® recognitions in the United States, France, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, and the United Kingdom. Most recently, Hyatt was named to the 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women” list in the United States.
“Hyatt is focused on people, each and every day in every interaction at our offices and hotels around the world. Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best, and that includes everyone in the Hyatt family, as well as the guests staying in our hotels and people we touch in the communities in which we operate,” said President and Chief Executive Officer Mark Hoplamazian, Hyatt Hotels Corporation. “Our culture is built on people practicing empathy and caring for others, which ultimately creates a better experience for both our colleagues and our guests.”
The Great Place to Work® World’s Best Multinational Workplace list ranks the best 25 global companies in terms of workplace culture, based off of a global survey of multinational companies and their associates. Qualifying companies must have been selected for at least five national Great Place to Work lists, have at least 5,000 employees worldwide and count at least 40 percent of their global workforce outside of the company’s home country.
Strong Record of Workplace Recognition
Hyatt hotels consistently are recognized as leaders in promoting a nurturing, positive and diverse workplace environment. Hyatt has received some of the most prestigious workplace distinctions in recent years, including:
- FORTUNE named Hyatt to its 2015 “100 Best Companies to Work For®” list in the U.S. for the second consecutive year, based significantly on the results of a Hyatt associate survey.
- Great Place to Work named Hyatt to its inaugural “100 Best Workplaces for Women” list in the U.S., based on survey results that indicate the company is an organization where women can thrive.
- Glassdoor named Hyatt to its “Top 50 Best Places to Work” list in 2014, based on reviews by Hyatt associates.
- Gallup named Hyatt a 2015 Gallup Great Workplace for its success in creating an engaged workplace culture for the third consecutive year.
- The Human Rights Campaign named Hyatt as a “Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality” for the tenth consecutive year in 2014.
- The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek and experience.com have named Hyatt as a desired employer for recent graduates and young professionals. AARP has named Hyatt a top employer for older Americans.
- HispanicBusiness Magazine and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) recognized Hyatt for its hiring of Hispanic and African-American associates.
Showing Hospitality to Our Colleagues
In addition to a culture of mutual respect, intellectual honesty, integrity, innovation and creativity, Hyatt hotels offer benefits for their associates inspired by the hospitality they show to guests, including:
- Complimentary and discounted stays at Hyatt hotels around the world
- Free or subsidized meals during work hours served in associate dining rooms
- A wide variety of wellness programs and fitness activities, like yoga, Zumba, and kickboxing classes, at hotels to help associates stay energized and healthy
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive wage and benefits package with paid holidays and vacation
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
About the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces List
Great Place to Work’s annual World’s Best Multinational Workplaces List ranks the top 25 global companies to work for. Qualifying companies must have been selected for at least five national Great Place to Work® lists, have at least 5,000 employees worldwide and count at least 40 percent of their global workforce outside of the company’s home country.
About Great Place to Work®
Great Place to Work®, headquartered in San Francisco, is a global research, consulting and training firm that helps organizations identify, create and sustain great workplaces through the development of high-trust workplace cultures. Great Place to Work serves businesses, non-profit organizations and government agencies in 51 countries.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests feel more than welcome. Thousands of members of the Hyatt family strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day by providing authentic hospitality. The Company's subsidiaries develop, own, operate, manage, franchise, license or provide services to hotels, resorts, branded residences and vacation ownership properties, including under the Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Centric™, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residences® and Hyatt Residence Club® brand names and have locations on six continents. As of June 30, 2015, the Company's worldwide portfolio consisted of 618 properties in 51 countries. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
SOURCE Hyatt Hotels Corporation
+1 312 780 5797