Kids 'R' Kids Gives Parents One Less Reason to be Spooked This Halloween
Leading Early Education Provider Offers Ideas to Help Plan a Fun and Safe Holiday
DULUTH, Ga. - Oct. 19, 2015 // PRNewswire // - Halloween is an exciting time of year for children. To ensure they have a safe holiday, Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies, a national early childhood education franchise with three decades of experience, is sharing five tips to help trick-or-treaters be extra vigilant this year. With the potential safety hazards associated with Halloween, these tips can help families plan ahead to make Halloween a safe and special treat for all.
- Map your trail. Become familiar with the neighborhood where your family will be trick-or-treating. Plan a fun field trip to walk the route together in advance of the holiday. Set an example by staying on the sidewalks and not in the middle of the street. This time can be used for talking through some Halloween safety tips as a family.
- Get creative with costumes. Bright-colored costumes that can be easily seen in the dark will help others better notice you. Avoid facemasks that can restrict eyesight and suggest using safer alternatives, like decorative hats. Consider adding reflective tape to costumes, and be sure any additional accessories and props are safe for children in order to prevent trips and falls.
- Set some rules. If your child is older and wishes to go trick-or-treating with a group of friends or older siblings, set a curfew and some time in between to check in via text or phone. Review safety tips, including topics like never entering a stranger's house, staying with their group of friends, and knowing who to call in case of an emergency. Encourage your child to carry a flashlight.
- Inspect your treats. If you plan to hand out treats to fellow trick-or-treaters, buy candy that is commercially wrapped. Eat a healthy meal before heading out on Halloween and try to avoid snacking while trick-or-treating. Throw away anything that might not be wrapped properly or appears to have questionable packaging. Remove any hard candy, gum or any other candies that might not be easily chewed and cause a potential a choking hazard.
- Attend or host a kid-friendly Halloween party. Many trusted establishments like a Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academy, the local mall, YMCA or grocery store will have trick-or-treating or host a party for young trick-or-treaters. Or, consider hosting your own party for friends, family and children the night of Oct. 31. Decorate your house with pumpkins or other fun ornaments that embody the Halloween spirit. Brainstorm creative food recipes with your kids that you can make together. Have a costume party or a pumpkin decorating contest, and offer fun prizes.
Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies is accepting enrollment at its nearly 160 schools nationwide. With a nationally awarded curriculum, Kids 'R' Kids provides early education and care for children from six weeks through 12 years of age at their schools located in 16 states across the country. Programs offered to children include infant care, toddler and preschool care, private pre-K and kindergarten, before-and-afterschool care and summer camp. In order to provide even more convenience for families with busy schedules, every Kids 'R' Kids Academy remains open during all major school breaks and school holidays year-round.
Kids 'R' Kids is the first preschool accredited by AdvancED in America, the world's largest education community. This accreditation ensures its schools are meeting and exceeding the highest accreditation standards and providing excellence in education beyond most daycare and childcare providers.
For more information, or to enroll your child at a Kids 'R' Kids academy, please visit KidsRKids.com or call 770-279-7777.
About Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies
Headquartered in the North Atlanta suburb of Duluth, Ga., Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies provide a secure, nurturing, and educational environment for children ages six weeks - 12 years to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. With nearly 160 learning academies in 16 states, Kids 'R' Kids International® is a family-owned and operated organization that ranks in the top 10 nationwide for franchised early childhood education centers (www.kidsrkids.com).
SOURCE Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances