The Maids: Fall into a Clean Home This Season
Cleaning experts from The Maids offer these tips to get your home in shape for the changing seasons
(PRWEB) October 21, 2015 - Like it or not, the dog days of summer are gone, and winter is just around the corner. Now is the time to get your home ready for winter by tackling this fall cleaning checklist brought to you by the cleaning experts from The Maids.
- Make a move. Fall is a great time to tackle those chores that don’t happen often. Move and clean under couches, chairs, end tables, beds and the refrigerator. Dust can accumulate and build up in these often overlooked places.
- Prepare your outdoor space for winter. Now is the time to think about covering your patio furniture to protect it from the elements of winter. Bring in outdoor accessories that can’t weather the winter. Drain outdoor faucets, turn off any outdoor water supply and store garden hoses.
- Tackle the yard. Fall brings a new array of outdoor chores, and while leaves may add beautiful fall ambiance to your yard, they can inhibit spring growth, so you’ll want to clear your yard. Cut your grass one last time and apply fertilizer.
- Clear gutters and downspouts. Once the leaves fall, be sure to clear your gutters of excess debris to avoid damage to your roof or siding.
- Protect yourself from critters. As the weather turns cooler, outdoor critters, such as spiders and other pests, inevitably try to move indoors. Call in an exterminator if you live in a region where these unwanted houseguests try to make themselves at home.
- Clean out closets. As you begin to move your winter wardrobe in, and your summer wardrobe out, take inventory. Fall is a great time to purge those old clothing items that you no longer need or want.
- Have your furnace checked. Now is the time to call in an expert to check your home’s heating system. You’ll rest assured knowing it’s in working order before the first freeze.
- Prep the kitchen. Holiday cooking is just around the corner. Clean and organize your pantry and cabinets to eliminate searching for items during the holiday crunch.
Call in the professionals. Want help tackling your seasonal chores? Contact The Maids to get your free, no-obligation estimate today. Visit http://www.maids.com to find the location nearest you.
About The Maids
Known for its 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System, The Maids is the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, combining environmentally preferable cleaning supplies and state-of-the-art equipment with a methodical process to maintain the healthiest living environment possible for families. The Maids enjoys a 96 percent customer referral rate, distinguishing them as the residential cleaning service of choice. Visit The Maids (http://www.maids.com) for more information.
SOURCE The Maids
The Maids International
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances