J.D. Byrider Names Award Winners at Annual Convention
Franchise Of The Year and President’s Awards Among Honors Bestowed
December 04, 2015 // Franchising.com // CARMEL, Ind. – Leading franchised used car and finance company J.D. Byrider recognized winners of the company’s annual awards at its November convention in Orlando, Florida.
The Franchise of the Year winners were chosen in three categories – Single (one location), Mid (two-three locations) and Multiple (more than three locations). The winners were:
- Single: Mike Marsh for his location in Traverse City, Michigan.
- Mid: Mike Burgstone and team for their locations in Joliet, Glendale Heights, and East Dundee, Illinois. This is their second-consecutive Franchise of the Year award.
- Multiple: Russ Larson and team for his eight locations in Huntsville, Alabama, Burlington, Cedar Rapids, Davenport and Des Moines, Iowa, Columbia and Springfield, Missouri, and Omaha, Nebraska. This is their 10th-consecutive Franchise of the Year award.
J.D. Byrider also distributed 17 President’s Awards, which are given to individual locations based on store earnings, portfolio quality and customer service ratings. This year’s President’s Award winners are located in:
- Tuscaloosa (2700 Skyland Blvd. E) – Steve and Jeanne Locklear, owners
- Sherwood (6055 Landers Rd.) – Mark Bedgood, Bill Evans, Matt Enderlin, Jeffrey Boone and Fred Nichols, owners
- Joliet (2323 W. Jefferson St.) – Mike Burgstone, owner
- Bloomington (2425 W. 3rd St.) – Terry Gerhart, Mike Bolin, Ben Becht, owners
- Burlington (125 S. Roosevelt Road) – Russ Larson, Doug Stewart, Jeff Lee, Daryl Nelson and Gerod Meier, owners
- Davenport (925 W. Kimberly Road) – Sheila Schaub, Jeff Nickerson and Tedd Pless, owners
- Des Moines (2426 SE 14th St.) – Russ Larson, Jeff Lee, Doug Stewart, Daryl Nelson and Paul Newman, owners
- Owensboro (250 E 18th St.) – Jeff Anderson, owner
- Dorchester (710 Morrissey Blvd.) – Trevor Wiggins, Jack Correia, Kelly Wiggins, owner
- Traverse City (3536 North US 31 South) – Mike Marsh, owner
- Euclid (20941 Euclid Ave.) – Dennis Ange, owner
- Akron (777 Canton Road) – Chris McPhie, owner
- Mansfield (1810 W. 4th St.) – Chris McPhie, owner
- Wooster (4536 Cleveland Road) – Chris McPhie, owner
- Columbia (3815 W. Beltline Blvd.) – J.T. and Jonathan Gandolfo, owners
- Roanoke (3141 Peters Creek Road) – Gary Duncan, owner
- Appleton (2301 W. College Ave.) – Russ Darrow, Jr., owner
“We are extremely proud of each of this year’s winners,” said Tom Welter, vice president of franchising for J.D. Byrider. “They have risen to the top of our dealer community with their quality service to customers. These awards are a great reminder of the strength within our franchise system and our drive for improvement year after year.”
About J.D. Byrider
Founded in 1989, J.D. Byrider is a leading used car sales and finance enterprise. The company was founded to serve customers with special auto financing needs, put them in a position to help improve their credit, and to ensure that they receive the same quality service in every J.D. Byrider dealership. With more than one million consumers matched to quality, affordable vehicles and a franchise system servicing more than $1 billion in retail contracts, the company continues its focus on reliability and customer satisfaction. Headquartered near Indianapolis in Carmel, Indiana, J.D. Byrider consists of 139 franchised- and 30 company-owned dealerships in 34 states. Visit www.jdbyrider.com or franchise.jdbyrider.com to learn more.
SOURCE J.D. Byrider