AAMCO Franchise Provides Six Tips To Prepare Your Car For Winter
AAMCO's Expert Technicians Offer Six Tips to Ensure Safe Driving This Winter Season
HORSHAM, Pa. - Dec. 21, 2015 // PRNewswire // - As the national weather forecast starts to include the words 'frost,' 'freeze' and 'snow' to describe the current weather conditions, the experts at AAMCO Franchise, the world's largest chain of transmission specialists and leader in total car care, are offering the top six tips to help consumers prepare their vehicles for the harsh winter season ahead.
"The best way to keep a car or truck running safely and reliably is through routine preventative maintenance," said AAMCO VP of Technical Support Bruce Chidsey. "We encourage drivers to take the cold winter months seriously and prepare their vehicles in advance to ensure that their car or truck is ready for winter weather. Taking a few simple, preventative steps can make all the difference between getting home safe and sound and being stranded on the side of a snowy road."
The following are the top six ways to care for everything inside, outside and under the hood of your car or truck this winter:
1. Keep the Gas Tank at Least Half Full – Keeping a gas tank at least half full at all times will prevent moisture build up, which can freeze in the gas lines.
2. Check the Battery – Throughout the season, check the batter for dirt and grime. If it is dirty, disconnect the cables and scrub the battery with a mix of baking soda and water. When reconnecting, tighten the wires so they cannot wiggle. A vehicle's battery begins to lose power in cold temperatures, so it is important to test the battery monthly or replace it if it has not been changed within the last two to three years.
3. Antifreeze is Your Friend – Check the fluid levels under the hood and top off as necessary. Antifreeze is a mix of 50-50 coolant to water. Do not use 100 percent coolant because when it freezes, it expands and could damage the engine block.
4. Check Tire Tread and Pressure – It is helpful to switch to snow tires during the winter for better traction on the roads. If this is not an option, then check the tire tread to see if the vehicle's current tires need to be replaced. It is also especially important to check tire pressure because cold air lowers air pressure, making your drive less optimal, drains the fuel, and causes uneven tread wear.
5. Wash and Wax Frequently – A lot of grime and dirt collects on the ground during winter and gets kicked up onto your car and the undercarriage. Wash and wax your car frequently during this season to prevent salt from sticking to and rusting it.
6. Have an Emergency Car Kit – Stay prepared for anything that could happen by keeping an emergency car kit. An emergency car kit should consist of the following at a minimum:
- Ice scraper
- Jumper cables/Portable car charger
- First-aid kit
- Extra clothes, including a hat, gloves and jacket
- Phone charger
For over 50 years, AAMCO's locally owned and independent service centers employ the latest technology and its expert technicians diagnose a repair, fix it right the first time and back it with a nationwide warranty. Known as the world's leading transmission expert, AAMCO has evolved into a total car care brand providing a variety of services, including tire and brake repairs, tune-ups, shocks and struts, routine maintenance and more. For more information or to find an AAMCO dealer near you, visit aamco.com.
To learn more about franchise or conversion opportunities with AAMCO, contact Eric Simon, director of franchise development, at 888-977-1419 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit aamcofranchise.com.
About AAMCO Franchise
AAMCO is the world's largest chain of transmission specialists and a leader in total car care services. AAMCO has nearly 700 automotive centers throughout the United States and Canada. Established in 1962, AAMCO centers are proud to have served more than 45 million drivers. The company was recently ranked No. 124 on Entrepreneur's 2015 Franchise 500, also earning the No. 1 rank on Entrepreneur's "Best of the Best" list, and No. 154 on the Franchise Times' 2015 Top 200+. For more information, visit aamcofranchises.com.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances