Just Between Friends Franchise Experiencing Growth Nationwide
26 Franchises Hit at Least 30 percent Growth in One Year
North America’s Leading Children’s and Maternity Consignment Event Helps Families Save & Earn Money
March 10, 2016 // Franchising.com // Tulsa, Okla. – Despite an uncertain economic situation, North America’s Leading Children’s and Maternity Consignment Event Franchise, continues to grow. Just Between Friends Franchise System, Inc. is celebrating 26 franchises that each experienced at least 30% growth or higher year over year. Two franchises – one in Delaware & one in Colorado - each grew by more than 100%. JBF offers a family-friendly, flexible business opportunity that does not require a large investment. Here is the list of the franchises and the moms & dads who own & operate them.
- Middletown/Dover, DE: Eileen Cordero – 129%
- Pueblo, CO: Brenda Sanchez – 112%
- Katy, TX: Kris & Mandy Kimmel – 91%
- Kingwood, TX: Laurie Morse & Linda Reeves - 81%
- Orlando, FL: Josie Karash – 77%
- St. Cloud, MN: Kelly Studer & Jenny Studer - 77%
- Phoenix Northwest, AZ: Janell Perkins - 74%
- Wilmington/Newark, DE: Eileen Cordero – 70%
- Maple Grove, MN: Kris Bishop & Katy Saunders - 68%
- Enid/Ponca City, OK: Kristal Schlichting 66%
- Mahoning Valley, OH: Kathy Clark 62%
- McAllen, TX: Claudia & Raul Garcia - 56%
- Vancouver, WA: Pat Meyers - 55%
- Bell County, TX: Theresa Spaulding & Nicole Euting - 49%
- Des Moines, IA: Marisa Clark – 48%
- Eden Prairie, MN: Kris Bishop & Katy Saunders - 46%
- Somerset/Middlesex, NJ: Tara Green - 43%
- Kirkwood/Arnold, MO: Marcia Restrepo & Nancy Duin - 41%
- Tacoma, WA: Allison Stephens - 39%
- Georgetown/Round Rock, TX: Bridget Jones – 38%
- Pleasanton, CA: Gina Pascual - 37%
- Everett, WA: Eunice Gong - 37%
- Salem, OR: Ron Caton – 34%
- Rochester, MN: Chuck Tebow & Khiengchai Fulton - 34%
- White Bear Lake, MN: Denise Klipsic - 33%
- Tucson, AZ: Shawna Wilfert – 30%
Just Between Friends Franchise System, Inc. continues to grow as a whole as well, with a record 735,000 families shopping their 150+s consignment sales events in 2015 throughout the US and Canada.
“When our franchisees do well, it means that we are helping even more families. Our events touch hundreds of thousands of families and give back to their local communities. This is truly a win-win-win business,” explains Shannon Wilburn, CEO and Co-Founder of Just Between Friends Franchise System, Inc., based in Tulsa, Okla. She explains how JBF continues to grow despite the economic climate.
“Just Between Friends is truly a recession-proof business. The 2008 market crash and recession changed the way people shop. Even in good economic times, people now want to be frugal and find ways to save & make extra cash. When things are uncertain, especially in the oil states, JBF is a great option to help families make ends meet.
Just Between Friends has 153 franchises in 28 states and one in Canada. Each franchise has two to three consignment events a year. During these events, local families can sell new and gently used children’s and maternity items, while setting their own price and earning up to 70 percent of the sales. Franchise owners provide the venue and marketing to make the event a success. Each event also partners with at least one local charity, providing cash and in-kind donations.
About Just Between Friends
In 1997, Just Between Friends was created in a living room in Tulsa, Oklahoma when Shannon Wilburn, a mother of two young children, and her friend Daven Tackett hosted a sale with 17 friends as consignors and had gross sales of $2000. In 2015, that same sale hosted two events and grossed almost 1 million dollars. The sales caught on with families and grew, so in 2003, they formed Just Between Friends Franchise Systems, Inc. Wilburn is now sole owner and CEO of Just Between Friends Franchise Systems, Inc., which has 153 franchises in 28 states and one in Canada. System wide sales in 2015 topped 27 million and they expect to top 29 million in 2016. In June 2015, Forbes Magazine named Just Between Friends one of the top five franchises in the United States, up from #10 in 2014. JBF was also named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top 500 Franchises in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. Just Between Friends Franchise Systems Inc. also received a “Franchisee Satisfaction Award” and was named in the Top 50 franchises by “Franchise Business Review” for the past 6 years. JBF has been featured on numerous national television shows including The Today Show, Good Morning America, Real Biz with Rebecca Jarvis, Fox News, CBS Early Show, ABC News, CNN, Headline News, Inside Edition and CNBC’s The Big Idea. They have also been featured in Entrepreneur Magazine, Wall Street Journal, Inc.com as well as many top markets including Seattle, Denver, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco and Philadelphia and on popular websites www.yahoo.com, www.sheknows.com and Disney website www.family.com.
SOURCE Just Between Friends
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances