AAMCO Franchise Offers “Spring Cleaning” Tips For Improving Your Car’s Performance
World’s Largest Franchise of Transmission Specialists Reminds Drivers to Make Spring Car Cleaning and Maintenance a Top Priority in Honor of National Car Care Month
April 27, 2016 // Franchising.com // HORSHAM, Pa. - April is National Car Care Month, and AAMCO Franchise, the world’s largest chain of transmission specialists and a leader in total car care, is helping car and truck owners get their vehicles running at peak performance in time for the spring season.
“With winter behind us, now is the best time to give our vehicles some extra attention,” said AAMCO VP of Technical Support Bruce Chidsey. “This is not only crucial for extending the lifetime of the vehicle, but also for the safety of other drivers and passengers that share the road. At AAMCO, the well-being of our customers and their cars and trucks will always remain our top priority.”
The following are some spring maintenance tips to get vehicles ready for the warm seasons ahead:
- Inspect Tires – Check tires for wear, damage and proper air pressure. This should include checking the tire tread depth by placing a quarter into the grooves of the tire tread. Washington’s head should be fully covered, otherwise, consider replacing the tires. Don’t forget to check that the spare tire is in good shape, as well.
- Scrub and Clean the Exterior and Interior – Protect the vehicle's paint with a thorough cleaning to remove all of the salts and other winter debris. Vacuum and clean the interior rugs and upholstery to remove any winter residue; don’t forget about the trunk – no space is spared from winter grime. It is also a good idea to keep a first aid kit in the trunk for any roadside emergencies.
- Change Wiper Blades – Wiper blades endure a great deal of wear and tear during the winter season and should be changed in the spring. If left unchecked, the worn out blades could cause streaks and smears, as well as scratches that could damage the windshield and impair visibility.
- Clean the Battery – Built-up dirt and debris on the battery and terminals can drain its power. The battery can be cleaned using baking soda and either a toothbrush or battery terminal cleaner. Keep in mind a vehicle’s battery has a five-year shelf life.
- Examine the Brakes and Engine – Check to see if your vehicle’s engine oil and filter need to be changed, and be sure to have the front and rear brake pads, as well as, brake fluids checked for wear or damage.
In addition to these tips, it is also important to check the owner's manual for required factory maintenance and consult a professional technician to perform any of those services.
For more than 50 years, AAMCO's locally owned and independent service centers employ expert technicians and the latest technology to diagnose and repair all makes of cars and trucks. AAMCO centers fix it right the first time and back it with a nationwide warranty. Known as the world's leading transmission expert, AAMCO is now becoming the leading total car care brand providing virtually any maintenance or service, including batteries, brakes, tune-ups, shocks and struts, routine maintenance and more. For more information or to find an AAMCO dealer near you, visit aamco.com.
To learn more about franchise or conversion opportunities with AAMCO, contact Eric Simon, director of franchise development at 888-977-1419 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit: aamcofranchise.com.
AAMCO is the world’s largest chain of transmission specialists and a leader in total car care services. AAMCO has nearly 700 automotive centers throughout the United States and Canada. Established in 1962, AAMCO centers are proud to have served more than 45 million drivers. For more information, visit: aamcouniversity.com, aamco.com or aamcoblog.com.
Fish Consulting, LLC
O: (954) 893-9150
C: (305) 299-4581